Menu

Doctor Who

Night Elf

Regenerating always happens at the very end of the episode in the last few seconds.

Except for 2nd - 3rd. He regenerated at the beginning.

And except for the Paul McGann movie. Sylvester had an entire scene, died in a hospital when our medical care didn't work on his alien body, and then the rest of the movie was with Paul.

Don't get your hopes up that it'll be more than a "Oh look! I regenerated! Still a man, I see. Ginger hair yet?" Que the credits.

Ds is a little upset with me. A couple of weeks ago, we canceled our extra movie channels on cable that they gave us, but we never watched. Once the introductory period ran out, we were having to pay for them. Now ds realizes that canceling those also canceled whatever channel it is that Dr. Who is on. 

We don't have BBC America - it is part of a cable package we're not willing to pay for since we wouldn't watch it enough to be worth it.  Really, Dr Who would be the only thing!  I've been trying to find out when it will be available on Amazon instant video.  No information yet! 

It will be available from itunes on Thursday. With 'Day of the Doctor' it was available at midnight to download.

At least that is what I am assuming from this:

"The 2013 “Doctor Who†Christmas special, “The Time of the Doctor,†will air Wednesday night on BBC America. It will be available for download on all of BBC America’s digital partners starting Thursday."

I am guessing 'digital partner' means itunes and amazon?

We don't have TV here but a local indie-type theatre is showing it "live" (on BBC America, I guess?) at 8pm.  DD and I went to the theatre this morning to pick up free reserved seating tickets (they're only giving out 2/person and we needed 4) - we'll still arrive about an hour early, just in case.  DD was thrilled to get Tardis earrings in her stocking - perfect accessory for tonight :D

As an aside, it took us two minutes to get to the theatre, which is normally about a 20 minute drive.  Amazing what no traffic on the roads can do :)

We don't have BBC America - it is part of a cable package we're not willing to pay for since we wouldn't watch it enough to be worth it.  Really, Dr Who would be the only thing!  I've been trying to find out when it will be available on Amazon instant video.  No information yet! 

It will be available from itunes on Thursday. With 'Day of the Doctor' it was available at midnight to download.

At least that is what I am assuming from this:

"The 2013 “Doctor Who†Christmas special, “The Time of the Doctor,†will air Wednesday night on BBC America. It will be available for download on all of BBC America’s digital partners starting Thursday."

I am guessing 'digital partner' means itunes and amazon?

Yes, it will be available on Amazon tomorrow. We've been getting it that way for several years now, and episodes (including specials) are always available the next day. It irritates me that Amazon doesn't list upcoming episodes, but as long as I know it will be available I can live with it.