Menu

What store has the best selection of women's size clothing

lynn

for a 20something young ladies who are kind of big?   0ne niece is a single mom and the other a college student and I want to give them a gift card to get themselves something new.  The one niece is getting ready to graduate from college and could use some new clothes for interviewing.   Which stores have the best selection of women's sizes with younger styles?

For a typical 20 year old, I'd say Torrid, but that is casual/trendy clothes.  Lane Bryant is good.  Avenue typically has more work-related clothes.  LB can be hit or miss depending on the season.  (Check out their websites.)

There's an online mega plus-size store called OneStopPlus that has Avenue, Ulla Popkin, Igigi, etc. so that might be a good choice.

SimplyBe is another online catalog that is nice.

Dillard's/Kohls (regular department stores) are usually good.

Kohls. I went into Lane Bryant the other day for the first time in years and about died of sticker shock. A pair of jeans was $69. I then went to Goodwill and they had the SAME Lane Bryant brand jeans for $7.99. Wow. I always do well at Kohls, though, and always seem to hit some sale.

I would do something like Kohls.  Sending a gift card to a specific "big person" store might be considered offensive to some if it wasn't requested specifically.  Besides, if they need shoes or accessories, a department store might be the better option anyways.

I would say Cato if you have one close. They carry sizes from girl 7 all the way up to Women's 3-4X (size 26 or so pants) so you won't offend her with a card to a plus size store, etc. Cato has cute stuff for younger woman and jewelry, bras, shoes, etc. as well. They have pretty good sales and I can find tops for $10-15 and jeans for $15-20 which is nice.

Kohls. I went into Lane Bryant the other day for the first time in years and about died of sticker shock. A pair of jeans was $69. I then went to Goodwill and they had the SAME Lane Bryant brand jeans for $7.99. Wow. I always do well at Kohls, though, and always seem to hit some sale.

$8 seems steep for used jeans to me!

Another vote for Kohls. I love shopping there. They seem to have a nice selection in a variety of sizes. When I was a size 16, I had no problems finding something, and I know that they stock larger sizes in their women's department as well as having a plus department. Their regular prices are ridiculous, IMO, but I never pay regular price there because (1) everything comes on sale, usually sooner rather than later, and (2) you can stack savings and get good deals. And they have great customer service.