Menu

So what do we do with the elf now ?

trulycrabby

DS9 has been begging for an Elf on the Shelf, so "Charlie" showed up this morning.Ummm, what do I do now??? I have absolutely no idea what the average Elf gets up to, so please give me a few suggestions. All I have to say is he and Elmo better be on their best behavior...no parties, no liquor, and he better stay off the internet! :o

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Our elf does really simple and easy things and he doesn't really make any messes.

The first night he arrived he brought a note and some 'elf kisses' hershey kisses

He's camped out under the tree and roasted marshmallows

He's hung out on the dart board

He's played in the tree

He got trapped in the Jenga tower one evening

He laid out mugs and hot chocolate

Last night he pulled all the Christmas movies out for a movie day

Other ideas:
Playing cards w/other toys
Being captured by army men
Potato Sack races--brown paper bags and other action figures
Playing Connect Four, Scrabble, Checkers, etc
Sticking bows or post-it notes all over
Car races--hotwheels
Going fishing--I've seen lots of ideas w/goldfish.  My little one has a some sock fish and a pole that I made him so I'm going to have the elf play with those one night
Mini pancakes and drinking syrup w/a straw
Blue water in the sink and elf in a tupper ware dish floating around
Sugar cube igloo or snowball fight

Our elf has a split personality. My daughter gets to see the G-rated version and my husband gets the R or X rated version texted to him in the AM.

G-rated:

Elf made snow angels on the counter with flour.

Drew mustaches, beards and horns on our family photos (with white board markers).

Cleaned out the cat litter box.

Got into a bag of chocolates.

Gathered my daughters stuffed animals and played a card game.

Our elf has a split personality. My daughter gets to see the G-rated version and my husband gets the R or X rated version texted to him in the AM.

G-rated:

Elf made snow angels on the counter with flour.

Drew mustaches, beards and horns on our family photos (with white board markers).

Cleaned out the cat litter box.

Got into a bag of chocolates.

Gathered my daughters stuffed animals and played a card game.

And the R-rated...?

Our elf was found inside the Magic Bullet one morning with one of the other stuffed animals pressing down.  Fortunately, it was unplugged.  Whew.  Naturally, said stuffed animal is going on the naughty list for many years to come.  He got a little excited about the Auburn game yesterday and rolled the Christmas tree last night.  In previous years, he has made a zipline with Christmas ribbon (egg carton helmet--safety first!); gotten a head start on Christmas baking (flour and other cookie ingredients all over the counter); substituted underwear for the Christmas stockings; written notes on the bathroom mirror in toothpaste ("Elves rule!"); modified the school assignments to include elf words on the spelling list, elf history in place of the Renaissance, etc.; written his name into our family listing in the neighborhood directory; been found kissing a picture of my oldest daughter; set up a Facebook page to send in his reports to Santa (his flying was hampered by a nasty watermelon-slicing injury the previous night that bled strawberry jam and was bandaged); taken pictures of what he really does all night and left them on the camera;  he dressed to go to a swim meet with my middle daughter (his swim cap and swim trunks looked a lot like they were cut from balloons).  Anyway, you get the idea.  I think this is our last year for the elf.  I'm going to miss him.

elfsnowangel_zpscff75e2e.jpg

elfmarkers_zps34a2b6ff.jpg

elfcards_zps39fa04b5.jpg

elfkittylitter_zps0701ddbe.jpg

My daughter didn't see these: (if only she knew what her elf does when she goes to bed!)

elfbacon_zpsd6f68443.jpg

After making snow angels in flour, the elf had white powder all over his face and my DH said it looked like he had been snorting cocaine. That is why I did the one of him with the sugar on a mirror.

Elfhigh_zps814969f9.jpg

elfsteak_zps822782a9.jpg

Very inappropriate:

My daughter does not play with or own any dolls or barbies. I have one collector barbie that is a New York Yankees barbie. I took her off her pedestal to involve her in these very inappropriate acts. My DH was thrilled because he hates the NY Yankees.

elfanal_zps57f1d408.jpg

elfbj_zps48a0e69c.jpg

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. Those are great Berta.

For elf ideas search pinterest or google for "elf, shelf" and you will come up with many, many ideas. The challenge is to pick out the EASY ones.

Last night our elves got a roll of toilet paper and one got inside and rolled down the stairs in it. The other one was sitting at the top of the stairs holding the end of the paper.

Our elf Peppermint has:

put food coloring in the toliet

hung underwear on the tree

replaced the stockings with underwear

changed the names on the stocking with duct tape to his

had a snowball fight (marshmellows) with other stuffed animals

played a board game with stuffed animals

put toliet paper on the tree

took a bubblebath in the sink (marshmellows)

took the canned goods out and made a tower

brought a movie to waych on a date with Barbie

brought ornaments

brought breakfast

put streamers up on the kids' bedroom doors

Those are just a few things that Peppermint has done.