Menu

Such a rotten day. Have to get pet sitter or boarding, hotel res, etc, and nothing working

TravelingChris

My FIL died and his funeral is many states away on Friday.  I only found out when it was going to be this afternoon and nothing is working right.  My main computer is having problems with the mouse or something so I can;'t use it reliably.  I am stuck using the laptop and I hate this laptop.  Like for some reason, this website is tiny.  But others are fine.  Then my phone isn't working right either.  Meantime I need to find a pet sitter or two kennels for my cats who need medications and my dog.  None of my phone calls are getting through for some reason.  Then trying to find a hotel that won't bankrupt us but won't tunr this ordeal into an even worse ordeal. 

So I have been working on this for a few hours and nothing accomplished so far.  AAAAHHHH

Chris: Sorry about the death of your FIL. I hope he did not suffer. I suggest that you make the airline reservations first. You can do that online, on Travelocity or Expedia, etc. Then, use those or other online travel agencies to find a property to stay in. Today is a holiday in the USA, so that may be why your phone calls about pet boarding haven't been returned. Try to stay as calm and relaxed as possible. I think you are in Huntsville and I know there are a lot of flights in and out of there. GL

Follow on: I forgot this last night: If you have not already made your airline reservations, call the airline(s) with the best flights from your origin airport to your destination airport. Tell them you are traveling to a Funeral and ask if they can waive the "Advance Purchase" requirement for a discounted fare.  I believe that would be impossible to do on a web site, so you need to call their reservations office on the phone.   Glad you got the pet sitter part of this out of the way.