Menu

Which daily chore do you despise, or at least try to avoid?

Tiramisu

Cleaning the bathrooms. I'm the lone female in a house of men, and apparently none can hit the toilet. Yes, it's a daily chore here. Bleh...

My guys all blame it on the 3 year old. I don't think he can pee that much. Personally I hate laundry especially folding.

I don't hate sweeping but I really don't understand where the heck all the detritus on my kitchen floor comes from. Quite often I sweep twice a day and it still usually looks like it needs to be swept.

I do abhor anything to do with washing flatware/utinsils. I don't even like to unload that part of the dishwasher. My son unloads the dishwasher in part due to this absurb, silly aversion. I also dislike putting clothes away. I am not hog wild on the folding part either.

My husband is an accountant.  I don't get it.  Just looking at our tax stuff bores the snot out of me.  And that is only a couple of hours per YEAR!  He does it for hours and hours a day.

Amending my comment.  I can. not. stand. paperwork.  I am afraid of the consequences of going paperless. I could clean, toilets, gutters, cat litter boxes, before paperwork.  My dad was a CPA for years.  How anyone would choose to do paperwork and taxes for a living is beyond me!!!

Did I say cooking?  I despise it now.  It takes so long, the prepping, the clean up, and for what?  15 min. of eating until they say, "Can I be excused?"

DH had them do the cooking while I was on vacation.  I have GOT to get back to that.  And they can clean up too.  

It is either that or we are moving to permanent PB&J.  

Amending my comment. I can. not. stand. paperwork. I am afraid of the consequences of going paperless. I could clean, toilets, gutters, cat litter boxes, before paperwork. My dad was a CPA for years. How anyone would choose to do paperwork and taxes for a living is beyond me!!!

I love paperwork. I think I'd enjoy taxes. So all you paperwork haters, please come pick up my living room and wash my dishes and I'll happily do all your paperwork!

Nope.  I will just pay you to do it.

I will sit and eat bonbons and drink espressos.

Truth is, I simply was NOT cut out to be a SAHM and be domestic.  I much preferred working outside of the home.  Seriously.

I love paperwork. I think I'd enjoy taxes. So all you paperwork haters, please come pick up my living room and wash my dishes and I'll happily do all your paperwork!

Dealing with, working around, picking up CLUTTER!

I actually enjoy laundry (especially folding; it gives me an excuse to sit and watch TV!). I don't really mind cooking, I love grocery shopping, and meal planning is a bit of fun.

I'm not a fan of vacuuming or cleaning bathrooms, but I wouldn't mind any form of cleaning if I could actually find the floor and counter tops that need cleaning!

The daily stream of mail, school work, sweatshirts and socks, toddler toys, etc. left everywhere that need to be dealt with overwhelms me!

Cleaning the bathrooms. I'm the lone female in a house of men, and apparently none can hit the toilet. Yes, it's a daily chore here. Bleh...

This is when they start cleaning it. I have my 9 and 4 year old clean both bathrooma since they are the ones who dribble all over the seat and floor until it's to my standards weekly and wipe counters / toilet seat whenever I see there is a mess.

I'm big on making them clean up their own messes because it makes them aware if what they are doing and they become a lot more carefull.

My goal is for their future wives to thank me for raising men who can clean up after themselves and cook a weeks worth of meals.

Cleaning up after them is like asking them to not give a sh*t and expect mom, and later their wife, to magically keep everything neat and tidy.

DH is learning the hard way as an adult.

Sometimes I want to go back in time and smack his mom in the forehead :)

Truth is, I simply was NOT cut out to be a SAHM and be domestic.  I much preferred working outside of the home.  Seriously.

Yes, it is hard for me too.  I have to keep my trap shut around women who somehow enjoy household duties, because I don't.  Sorry!

I enjoy all the food stuff.  The planning, the shopping, the prep and the cooking.  I don't like anything to do with the cleaning.  I despise all cleaning.  Dh knows I will do anything and yes, I do mean anything if he mops the kitchen floor.  I don't think I have mopped more than a handful of times in all the years we have been married.

Amber in SJ

Windows, I hate washing them,cleaning blinds, and hanging curtains.  I swear my dream house has no windows in it. I am going to hang pictures of the outside instead.

I never clean windows. Dd broke one once, when she was a bub and climbed out. I now feel a great sense of peace from having windows dirty enough that I can see they are still there.

I always procrastinate over putting washing away, I like food but don't like cooking, and get vacuum cleaner rage. It makes me happy to live here with floor boards and without enough electricity to vacuum.