-grocery shopping
-visit library
-clean kitchen
-two loads of laundry
-enter data in HST+
-paint my nails
-go for an evening walk with a friend
-if I have enough energy left: Greek grammar, Greek & Latin vocab

Should be a fun day. We have been invited to glean off an apple tree so we are headed into town to do that and we are being given fresh dill too from someone else so I can make pickles with the cukes we were given.

To do today
Babysitting girl 630-330
Pick apples

Get dill
Clean living room
Clean kitchen
Laundry
Am pet are

Pm pet care
Clean boys room
Clean master bedroom
Make pickles
Clean office

dye fabric with beet juice to make new capes for dd5 and ds10

We get to seize the weekend and go to a football game. Our alma mater is coming to town from across the country and we're all going. I haven't been to a football game in almost 20 years.

I love it when football season starts. I'm not fanatic, but it means fall is finally really on its way. Even if it'll be really hot today.

I'm in.....but moving very slowly.  :huh:

Today:

• vacuum, dust first floor
  • laundry-sheets, towels, 1 white, 1 dark--put away and ironing
  • spot mop
  • hit Costco--last day of old sales, new sales start tomorrow
  • weed and take out flowers in the back beds 
  • talk to parents and dd and grand-babies --this will be the best part of my day!  :D

I've got some tidying, some spraying for ants, and some schoolwork of my own to do--read for Federal Indian Law and prepare two oral presentations for my clinic seminar. If I'm feeling very industrious, I might do more research on my state's medical marijuana law.

I'm awake-sort of.  Babysitting girl is here but she went back to sleep, all my kids are asleep, the am petcare is done and the animals went back to sleep. I think I might do the same.  It is a chilly day so far, hoping it warms up before we go pick apples.

Thought of something I forgot to put on my to do list.  I saved the beet juice from when I was prepping the beets for pickling,and yesterday I bought a meter of muslin.  ds10 and dd5 are going to dye the muslin and then once dry we are going to cut it down to size so each can have a cape.  Last fall dd5 made a yellow dyed cape with tumeric as the dye.  They both saw the red beet juice and asked to dye new capes.  Works for me.  So once they are up we will get the pot going and add the fabric then it can simmer like that while I move onto other things on the list.

Can I have some of your cool weather?

Take it.  It has been so cold here my tomatoes won't ripen and my garden is a bust.  The nights have been cold enough to need a proper coat and sometimes see your breath since July.  Because last winter went on for so long I still have not even put the winter coats into proper storage and already they are needing to come out.  It is going to be a long hard winter I suspect.  It has been cold enough a few times this summer to need the furnace on.  Though today it is good to just have the windows shut and a cozy blanket.  During the day is stll generally getting quite hot, but it is not enough to offset the late start everyone got on planting their gardens etc.  I suspect first frost is 2 weeks at most away.

Tress -- just realized you must live somewhere opposite from me.  Read your list and thought WOW she is on the ball

No, I'm not on the ball :laugh: , my day is nearly over.

Plans for today:

-go with dd9 to sports practice

-while waiting there, study Math and read a book

-grocery shopping

-visit library

-clean kitchen

-two loads of laundry

-enter data in HST+

-paint my nails ----> tomorrow

-go for an evening walk with a friend

-if I have enough energy left: Greek grammar, Greek & Latin vocab

I only need to take a look at my Greek vocab and take a walk with a friend.

It's a good thing she is coming to pick me up, because I received a lot of emails about the political situation regarding Dutch homeschooling and those emails stressed me out completely, so I would rather curl up in bed....for the next few weeks/months.

I'm in.....but moving very slowly.  :huh:

Today:

• vacuum, dust first floor
  • laundry-sheets, towels, 1 white, 1 dark--put away and ironing
  • spot mop
  • hit Costco--last day of old sales, new sales start tomorrow
  • weed and take out flowers in the back beds 
  • talk to parents and dd and grand-babies --this will be the best part of my day!  :D

Lunch time check in....

Hubby is doing Costco for me and weeding and taking out the plants in the back beds.  

Everything is pretty much done on my list, except to rest some...my shoulder is hurting for some reason.  :closedeyes:

In an ironic twist, I slept better last night but am in more pain today.  So I"m going to check in here a lot to keep myself going.

Beds made

Hygeine/meds etc. done

Dd dropped off at volunteering

Dishwasher is running

Pet care done

Dh and I are trying to figure out the name of a Christian ballad singer from the 70's.  I'm spending way to much time searching for this!

Next up:  Do all the hand washing.

Good Morning! It is still technically morning in California!

--breakfast done!

--yardwork done (pruned hydrangeas, took out 2 tomatoe plants, cleaned fountain, sprayed off walk in fern garden)

-- now I'm going to take a shower because I am hot, sticky and smell like tomatoes. The weather is horrible today. Hot, cloudy and very humid. Yuck.

To do yet:

-- grocery shopping

--children's church lessons to prepare

-- budget to update

All my best laid plans came to a halt when my body just up and quit on me.  I've slept and slept and slept today.  I'm forcing myself to be up now because I have to be able to sleep tonight.  

Dd is baking an order of a large banana nut bread.

Ds did take care of the sleeping bags we still had out from camp.

Dh was wonderful and pressure-cooked a chicken with cabbage.  

Well so much for my big list.  I ended up battling a head ache and then had a house full of extra kids from 630 this morning until 930pm.  The master bedroom is chugging along, it was the catch all for a long time and then I started decluttering the closet and shelves so it was in rough shape.  I still will need to purge and declutter several more times this year but at least it is nearly clean again, I should be able to finish it tomorrow.  We picked up the apples, but the dill lady wasn't around.  I talked on the phone to my mom, my dad and my brother (all different times of day), worked on the letters I need to send out requesting donations for the swag bags I am making.  Negotiated a volume discount for an item I want for said bags.  Dyed the fabric for the capes.  The beet juice turned brown while it was boiling and turned the cloth beige so I used juice crystals and water to make a new dye.  I am going to rinse it and hang it to dry on my way to bed.  It was like the day flew away from me, and with so many extra bodies in the house it doesn't look much cleaner even after I spent all day cleaning. 

Oh well, my kids get picked up around 2pm tomorrow and are not coming home until Tuesday morning.  I will be babysitting still but at least getting time to get chores done right.