Menu

Where to find WET erase markers for maps/dry erase boards?

Ameena

I'm looking for ones like Sonlight sells - only without the hefty shipping SL charges. I asked at my local Office Max & they had never heard of them. Locally I have Office Depot, Office Max & Staples {but Staples is a bit of a drive}.

I need wet erase so my dd can't come along & easily erase our pre-written English work for the day because she wants to color on the dry erase board :)

Vis-a-vis are wet erase. They're, I guess, technically "overhead" markers for the projectors with the clear film, if you're old enough to remember those.

As far as I know, every office supply place carries them. I get mine at Staples, but they're not specialty items.

This is the mobile site (I'm on my phone), but if you search "vis" on OfficeMax.com, they carry them.

http://m.officemax.com/mt/www.officemax.com/catalog/search.jsp?freeText=Vis&prodPage=10&un_jtt_search=Search&un_form_encoding=windows-1252

Vis-a-vis are wet erase. They're, I guess, technically "overhead" markers for the projectors with the clear film, if you're old enough to remember those.

As far as I know, every office supply place carries them. I get mine at Staples, but they're not specialty items.

This is the mobile site (I'm on my phone), but if you search "vis" on OfficeMax.com, they carry them.

http://m.officemax.com/mt/www.officemax.com/catalog/search.jsp?freeText=Vis&prodPage=10&un_jtt_search=Search&un_form_encoding=windows-1252

Target carries them too. I have always been able to find them at Target during back to school time or office supply stores at any time.

http://www.target.com/p/expo-wet-erase-vis-a-vis-8ct-markers-assorted-colors/-/A-14507660

We use Crayola washable markers as wet erase markers on our whiteboards.  You can get them anywhere that sells Crayola stuff.  They work great.   :)

Vis a Vis don't smear as easily as Crayola but crayola are a fraction of the price, so they are great for little kids.  We used Crayola for years on our dry erase board but one time someone forgot to wipe if off (it sat for a month or so)  and now it is permanently stained.  I have tried alcohol, orange cleaner, window cleaner, rubbing with other markers all to no avail.  It has faded over the years, but you can still see it embedded in the finish.

Once Vis a Vis are dry, they have to actually get wet to rub off.  Crayola smear with just the normal moisture on a hand.