Explain this to me

Scarlett

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You're provoking because you named the group by name. If you were sincerely CURIOUS about how the quote feature worked you would have asked about that. You wouldn't have said "Look! The atheists are talking about me again!"

It is possible to state a fact without intending to start a war.  It happened to be the atheist group.  I assume that if it were the crockpot cookers group or the hand dishwashers group she would have said the group name there too.  The point of mentioning the group is that for some, if you're not a member, you can't see inside.  For others, you can.

Of course she was curious to know what a private group was saying about her comment.  Who wouldn't be?

You're provoking because you named the group by name. If you were sincerely CURIOUS about how the quote feature worked you would have asked about that. You wouldn't have said "Look! The atheists are talking about me again!"

Or "Why are the atheists talking about me, I didn't even mention religion!"

I have just opened the pandora's box of being notified if I am quoted.  I'm sure I'm going to regret it.  <Gulp>  Other than 'likes' that's the only notification I have checked so I am nowhere near as cool as Plum Crazy. 

I read the other thread; I like this one better!

It is possible to state a fact without intending to start a war.  It happened to be the atheist group.  I assume that if it were the crockpot cookers group or the hand dishwashers group she would have said the group name there too.  The point of mentioning the group is that for some, if you're not a member, you can't see inside.  For others, you can.

Of course she was curious to know what a private group was saying about her comment.  Who wouldn't be?

That curiosity could have been more easily satisfied by PMing the person who actually created the quote! If I hear someone is talking about me, I either blow it off or go to the source. But, that's just me.

According to her, she didn't care one bit. She was just trying to cause trouble by naming the group by name.

If you click on the down arrow by your name at the top right of your page (at least that is where it is for me) then go to My Settings, you will find a plethora of regular and email notification options.  I had no idea there were so many things I could be notified of on this forum!

ETA - After you go to My Settings, you then have to go to Notification Options on the left side bar toward the bottom.

See, I did this a long time ago, and I chose notifications and email, but I get no emails, even though this site has the correct email address.  I think it is a conspiracy.