Menu

Let's Organize our HS rooms!

I didn't get nearly everything done that I wanted to before starting school.  We even started a week late.  Here is our first day of school.http://exploringwiththemeriwethers.blogspot.com/

I did sort through some things.  Dh replaced some of the lighting.  I got the kids office chairs.  I ended up hanging white boards.  I think I should be disappointed by what I didn't get done, but, honestly, I am too tired to care right now.  :lol:  I got the important planning done.  The room is pleasant and comfortable even if it isn't fancy.  I was up until 1:00 last night studying for an industry specific test with Dh.  Dd10 was sick all weekend and still feeling puny today.  I am taking ridiculously long to recover from a very minor surgery (tired every afternoon).  I consider just getting through our first day of school today a win. :thumbup1:

What a great space!  Big tables and windows and ledges and bookshelves and comfy seating....Really nice!

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's our newly-finished school room. I'm happy with how it turned out. We made a trip to Ikea 2 weeks ago, RIGHT before school started. Everything we got has already gotten great use!

This is where the older 2 do their work:

20130831-DSC_1571.jpg

Here's the little reading corner I made where I do reading with the preschoolers in the morning.

20130831-DSC_1596.jpg

Here's our kitchen table where I do school with the younger boys. Gorgeous, I know. You can see our computer command centers in the background. Dh is a gamer. ;)

20130831-DSC_1600.jpg

Here's the bookshelves on the wall across from kitchen table.

20130831-DSC_1601.jpg

Here's the peel and stick maps I bought that I put on another wall of our school room. I was hesitant to spend $15 for each one, but they've been a great investment. We could never keep maps up before. You can also see the Lego table we made from a $7.99 Ikea side table :)

20130831-DSC_1598.jpg

So really, we have 2 rooms we school in to separate the olders and youngers. :)

My girls were younger in these pics of our basement schoolroom.  (Life was much more simple back then.  :))

They spend more time at their bedroom school desks these days -- and our home office.

It's good to "see" you! I've missed your posts.

I'd love to know how you've organized your home office.

Also, do they have desks in their bedrooms?

Thanks.

Eta: I just realized you mentioned bedroom school desks, so obviously they do! ;)

I love seeing all the rooms and the wonderful cleanup/updates you are all doing. Great work! I need to attack mine, but we're moving soon. So I just keep putting it off knowing I'll have to box it all soon. Although, organizing it now might make for easier packing. Hmmmm....decisions, decisions. 

Love all the ideas this post has brought about. I thought I was done at ikea for a little while, but it looks like I'll be heading back to make the lego table. Dd would love that! About how big are the stick on maps? I don't have a large amount of wall space but would like to add maps somewhere and those might be an option.

Thanks!

Does anyone else have bamboo flooring in the HS room?

Do you use something to keep the rolling office chairs from scratching the floor? I cannot believe how fragile it is! 

I am trying to decide between rugs and mats. Such a shame to cover it up, but the gouges are multiplying!

Bamboo is going on my never again list. :sad:  (It was already here, but I thought it would be wonderful. It is so. not. wonderful.)

• 2 weeks later...