Menu

sick of the attitude

Chris in VA

The teen dd thing? Yep. And I'm shocked. I never thought this kid would be snarky. It's caught me completely off guard.

This too shall pass. Go re-read the Harry Potter books. They are cute little kids for a couple of books, they are annoying angst ridden snarky hormonal people for a couple of books and they finally become young adults.

May I vent?

I am sick of dd's snide remarks.

I am sick of ds' complaining about the house the fleas the dog the cat....

I am sick of a friend on Fb that is so strong in her opinions that she just won't shut.up.

Thanks. I feel...better.

Right now it's my ds12.  I had a not so great parenting moment the other day with him.  <sigh>

:grouphug:  to you for everything.

I am there right now with the dd's snide remarks. :( (((((hugs))))

Can I sit beside y'all on the "where did my sweet baby go" train?

This too shall pass. Go re-read the Harry Potter books. They are cute little kids for a couple of books, they are annoying angst ridden snarky hormonal people for a couple of books and they finally become young adults.

I hope so; my boy's snarky, hormonal persona seems to have emerged already.

I hope so; my boy's snarky, hormonal persona seems to have emerged already.

See... I'm absolutely terrified of hitting perimenopause at about the point ds hits teenage years.

I think dh may move out to get away from both of us.

I'm scared!!!! 

See... I'm absolutely terrified of hitting perimenopause at about the point ds hits teenage years.

I'm scared!!!! 

I'm very close to hitting that wonderful milestone and ds is my eldest child.  Next up is dd10... :huh:  :svengo:

I'm scared!!!! 

I kind of think I might be having some perimenopause symptoms now.  (Is it like PMS on speed???)  I have kids ranging all ages so this is not great. 

I do find that if I have a meltdown, it forces the rest of the people at my house (including the teen) to get over themselves for the moment and load the dishwasher or something.  It is not a conscious tactic, but some days, it's all I have so I'll take it.  ;)