Menu

Amazon used book purchase - gone bad

momee

Can anyone help me figure out what I did wrong here...

I wanted a copy of Moosewood Simple Suppers cookbook. Went to amazon, found a used copy for under $10, clicked purchase and now it is being shipped.

For $22 and $13 shipping!!!!!!!!!

(ETA: I see now I somehow ordered the paperback copy with two day shipping instead of the lowest used price and $3.95 shipping. Maybe it was the one-click setting? That stinks. This better be one great cookbook!!)

Have them call you and see if you can get a refund. You may catch them in time. If not, still have them call and explain what happened. They can send you a return label and you can send it back and order the one you wanted. Amazon is always great to work with.

Were you able to cancel the order? I hope so!!!

I disabled my One Click settings on Amazon. It's way too easy to make the mistake of clicking the "buy" button instead of the "add to cart" button!

Yeah, I disabled mine years ago after a similar incident.

I hope you were able to get it cancelled!  One day when I checked my email I learned that about six superheroes were headed our way via amazon, I didn't sign out of amazon and the boys had some fun.  Luckily I was able to cancel the orders in time, the boys and I had a nice chat, and now I am sure to log out!  

I disabled my One Click settings on Amazon. It's way too easy to make the mistake of clicking the "buy" button instead of the "add to cart" button!

Especially when you fall asleep with your Kindle Fire in your lap!

I dislike that the only way to buy music and ebooks is by one-click. I always have to go in and double check my settings.

I hope you were able to get it cancelled!  One day when I checked my email I learned that about six superheroes were headed our way via amazon, I didn't sign out of amazon and the boys had some fun.  Luckily I was able to cancel the orders in time, the boys and I had a nice chat, and now I am sure to log out!  

You have to admire that enterprising spirit, though!

I just saw on the news the other day a story about a toddler who managed to buy a car while noodling around with her dad's phone. Her parents have since employed a password. 

You have to admire that enterprising spirit, though!

I just saw on the news the other day a story about a toddler who managed to buy a car while noodling around with her dad's phone. Her parents have since employed a password. 

I saw that too, the family plans to renovate the car for her 16th birthday. Sweet story.