Menu

There is a new edition of Jim Trelease's The Read-Aloud Handbook!

Kareni

I pre-ordered this from Amazon, and got it last week or the week before. I am about 1/3 of the way through and I really like it. He says, that the majority of the 40% of new information is about the digital age: e-readers, computers, iphones, etc. 

I would absolutely recommend this to new parents and teachers. 

I saw this post last night and ordered the handbook along with a collection of kids' books to give my dd as one of her baby shower gifts. I'm really excited about it!

That sounds like a wonderful baby gift, Stacey.  Congratulations on your new grandchild!

Regards,

Kareni

Thanks! I picked it up at the library today. It might sound silly, but I've been looking forward to seeing how everyone is doing.

Thanks! I picked it up at the library today. It might sound silly, but I've been looking forward to seeing how everyone is doing.

'Everyone' as in you're curious which of your old favorites are still there?  or something else?

Regards,

Kareni

'Everyone' as in you're curious which of your old favorites are still there? or something else?

Regards,

Kareni

Not the books, the people in the early chapters. He updates their stories with each edition.

Thank you very much for the heads up.  So, with 40% new content, was some older content edited out, or just new added?

There are definitely cuts to make room for new material. He added a chapter on boys and reading, among other things.