Menu

Favorite Off property (Disney/Sea World area) restaurants (Cross Post)

QueenCat

Where are your favorite off property places to EAT in Orlando, when not dining at one of the parks? Since we're doing SeaWorld and Discovery Cove, we will be out of the park by dinner time most nights. We really don't do fast food. Relatively casual diners (Chilis, Longhorn, pizza, mexican) but will do one or two nice restaurants during the week too. Would love local recommendations.

Added: What I'm really looking for are local, non-chain restaurants.

We usually eat at Sweet Tomatoes a few times when we go. The menu online isn't complete. They have a big salad bar, several soups, breads, pasta, sweet and regular baked potatoes, fruit, and ice cream. It's an all you can eat buffet type place. Dds love eating there at the end of a long park day.

We usually eat at Sweet Tomatoes a few times when we go. The menu online isn't complete. They have a big salad bar, several soups, breads, pasta, sweet and regular baked potatoes, fruit, and ice cream. It's an all you can eat buffet type place. Dds love eating there at the end of a long park day.

Just looked at the menu.......... yum!

There are also lots of nice restaurants on Disney property that don't require being in a park. The resorts have great places to eat.

Yes there are, and I'm sure we'll go to Bongos in Downtown Disney, as that's a favorite........... trying to explore more off property as we're trying to be more adventurous and want to explore local options.

Giordano's Pizza!!!! A stuffed Chicago style pizza from there is about 26 dollars or so but you can only eat one piece each it so delicious and filling (read: lots of cheese - YUM)! It is the only place we eat off property on vacation there. LAKE BUENA VISTA

DISNEY AREA

12151 S. APOPKA VINELAND RD

LAKE BUENA VISTA, FL 32836

(407) 239-8900

FAX: (407) 239-8945 ORLANDO

UNIVERSAL STUDIOS AREA

6203 W. SAND LAKE ROAD

ORLANDO, FL 32819

(407)377-0022 KISSIMMEE / CELEBRATION

7866 W. IRLO BRONSON HWY

KISSIMMEE, FL 34747

(407) 397-0044

FAX: (407) 397-0042

What is this "off property" of which you speak? :confused1: ;)

:lol: I should have known that you don't realize there are places outside the "gates" in which one can eat...... Do you ever leave the property? We're actually planning little, if any Disney this time around. Maybe Epcot or miniature golf but our primary focus this time is Discovery Cove and Sea World. Being different this year.

Thanks, folks. I guess I should have clarified, and did just edit my original post. We are familiar with on property locations, as well as chains. We've been several times. What I'm really looking for a local, non-chain restaurants. We really like to try new places. Most of the chains can be found at home :001_smile: .

:lol: I should have known that you don't realize there are places outside the "gates" in which one can eat...... Do you ever leave the property? We're actually planning little, if any Disney this time around. Maybe Epcot or miniature golf but our primary focus this time is Discovery Cove and Sea World. Being different this year.

I have. When I was in college once. We stayed at my roomate's grandparents' house in Howie-in-the-Hills. It was too long of a drive to the gate for my taste. LOL

When we go now we have to fly, so we just take Magical Express and stay on property the whole time. One of these days we'll do those "other" parks. We've been to Universal in CA, and we liked it...just not as well as Disney. The problem with adding Universal onto a Disney vacation is the cost. $500 for one day!! Yikes! :svengo:

Giordano's Pizza!!!! A stuffed Chicago style pizza from there is about 26 dollars or so but you can only eat one piece each it so delicious and filling (read: lots of cheese - YUM)! It is the only place we eat off property on vacation there. LAKE BUENA VISTA

We randomly wound up eating there because our hotel was close by. It was fabulous!

We're here............ so far, we've tried a few local places. And done a few chains too..........

Semi- Local gem: Giordano's, as recommended by two of you, has excellent stuffed pizza. They are a small Chicago chain, with a locations in Chicago and Orlando.

Local: Thai Spice House- decent Thai, for decent prices.