Menu

Total brag (my boys are racing for a National Championship today!) and I got to meet a boardie yesterday!!

Jennifer in MI

We are in Oak Ridge, TN for the Youth National Championships for rowing. My two boys are in a lightweight 8 boat that has won every race here so far. They are racing for the National Championship today!!! I just can't believe they have come so far! We are a very small team and we aren't on the water for a lot of the year. So for these kids to do this well is really amazing!!!

If you want to watch, here is the live streaming link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLKxZsfFejM.

I cannot believe my kids might be national champions!!

And, I got to meet Melissa (aka mom2legomaniacs!) yesterday. She lives near the course and invited me to her house! What a fun day. She is a super sweet woman and my daughter just adored her! Her kids are funny and sweet too!

Had to brag!!!

8672_10200452662371866_1304193415_n.jpg

One of many! This is my son, Andrew after his first race. He's a freshman and this is his first year rowing. And, yes. His team decided the pink hats are what got them on the medal stand!!! :)

600397_10200452663771901_1316422699_n.jpg

During their first race. My sons are the second and third from the back.

5352_10200534587060721_525430902_n.jpg

On the medal stand.

181264_625640507447845_405957865_n.jpg

BLING!!!!!!

This was such a special weekend! First of all, to have made it to Nationals at all is a HUGE honor. This team really came out of nowhere. The talk on Twitter before Nationals was, "Where did Detroit get all this speed????" :) My boys were loving it!

Each team has to weigh the boat before the race - once at the beginning of the weekend. Then, after each race, ONE team may be chosen randomly to be weighed. Our team was chosen TWO times!!! I really think that they didn't believe that this team came out of nowhere!!! This is just SO stinking exciting!!!

And, now because they've made the medal stand at Nationals, they are getting invited to other regattas. They will race at Head of the Charles in Boston in the fall! Can't wait!

And, we're already saving for Nationals next year. They are in CA!!!