Menu

Anyone take advantage of Amazon's subscribe & save products like tp, etc.?

6packofun

Are there any grocery/paper products that are worth it to get through Amazon on their subscription service (because you regularly use the item(s))?

Dh wants to start ordering toilet paper in bulk to (hopefully) save money, but I'm curious if Amazon is a good idea. We get a few very specific things at Sam's Club and that's about it. The idea of having stuff delivered seems pretty awesome... LOL

I have done this with 10-12 items. It is a great idea, but it has always been hard for me to get the timing of the deliveries down right. If you have a good grasp of how quickly you go through things it can work really well. You can always try it out and cancel if it doesn't work for you.

We use Amazon's Subcribe & Save, but since the prices are not locked in and do fluctuate, I comparison shop frequently. FWIW, it is less expensive for me to buy in bulk for certain things like TP from Wal-Mart online with free shipping to my house (not Site to Store) vs. Amazon. So check your prices and don't assume Amazon is always a better deal.

I use it for our dog food (an awesome deal) and for apple cinnamon Snapz (I can't find them anywhere else). I haven't found it cheaper to use Amazon for toilet paper and such. It's pretty much the same price at the store down the street but it's just not in bulk.

I do it for my vitamins and save a major bundle. It's easy to change the schedule, and once it got off-kilter, from my fiddling with it wrong, so I called and rather than stop and start and lose the low locked in price, the customer service lady gave me a $2 credit to even it out.

(I live about 15 minutes from a ratty grocery store, 30 minutes from small town with other places to shop, and 50 minutes from Sam's or Costco, so Amazon Prime was a huge upgrade for my life, in timesaving and money savings. It more than pays for itself in gas saved, much less the books I find, the savings on so many things, etc. And now, the online movies that come with Prime. I really love Prime.)

We get lots. Diapers, wipes, toilet paper, supplements, pet food, soap, toothbrush heads, coffee beans, maple syrup, coconut oil... I could go on. :)

If you are trying to figure out your schedule, I found the best thing to do was to set my delivery frequency to every month, then about mid-month go down the list and skip any orders that we didn't need yet.

We use Amazon's Subcribe & Save, but since the prices are not locked in and do fluctuate, I comparison shop frequently. FWIW, it is less expensive for me to buy in bulk for certain things like TP from Wal-Mart online with free shipping to my house (not Site to Store) vs. Amazon. So check your prices and don't assume Amazon is always a better deal.

Does Wal-Mart offer free shipping for bulk items? I will have to compare--thanks!

I use Subscribe and Save for my dh's grandmother's Ensure, dog food and K cups. I have an add on of TP to get to the five subs needed for the 15% off. Since Amazon sends an email prior to shipping each item, it is easy for me to just wait for the email and opt out if we don't need the item that month. It is cheap and easy.

Does Wal-Mart offer free shipping for bulk items? I will have to compare--thanks!

Yes, where I live anyway (central US). It is called their "home free" program and certain labeled items ship free to your home when your order total is at least $45, which is easy for me to meet when I place a bulk order every other month or so.

I am in the northern UK and canned black beans whick ds loves are hard to buy at stores. For years I had to stock up when we were in the South. They are cheaper through Amazon and we don't have to find room to carry them home from a holiday. Easy to delay the shipment if I don't need them yet.

We use subscribe and save for food, toiletry items, even random things we want to stock up on like light bulbs or batteries for short bits sometimes. Generally, we use it for things we go through relatively regularly. However, you can easily adjust the shipping times or even cancel the subscription quickly.