Menu

Warner's bra scandal!

KungFuPanda

Recently, I splurged and bought a couple of Warner's bras for $38 each. I liked the style and I wear bras for YEARS because I'm small and don't really put much 'wear' on them.

On a recent trip to Target, I saw similar bras for $15 under the Simply Perfect label. Yay! More comfy bras for me! Wellllllll . . . today I'm doing laundry and I realize these are THE SAME BRAS! They have different labels, but are IDENTICAL in color, style, fabric, and workmanship. They are clearly produced in the same factory.

I guess I learned my lesson about spending more on bras for no good reason. I've been had! Don't be like me. Buy your Warner bras at Target.

You don't know how lucky you are to wear a standard size. Mine can only be found at specialty stores or online. Most companies don't make my size. All my bras cost at least $65 each. My poor 15yo and 20yo are in the same boat (small band and large cup), so their bras cost the same as mine. At least I have one who can get bras at Target. The rest of us cost a fortune.

These are just soft-cup bras . . . no armor plating or wires or anything. While the Target website may advertise that they're made by Warner, Macy's sure neglected tell me this. That's right . . . Macy's should put up a sign for me that says "You can buy this exact bra at Target for $23 less."

I DO appreciate that I can easily fit Target bras. Clearly, I'm not cut out for the sticker shock of buying an expensive bra. Yes, I know I pushing it to say that $38 is expensive, but I'm miffed that I paid more than double for the exact same flipping bra.

Many companies do that. When I was in college, a prof told our marketing class that Maidenform sold also under the Sears label.

I bought some underpants a few years ago from Lands End that were identical to some I found at Target, too.

:iagree: That's why no discussion of cutting costs on groceries would be complete without mentioning at least trying store-brand foods, toiletries and medications. They are often literally the identical product, manufactured in the identical factory as a brand-name item.

Well, my local Target had a decent selection of them; everything from wire, no-wire, lift, to soft cup and they were all $16-16.99. They were labeled by Warner, right on the top of the store hanger/liner paper cover and tag.

I picked up one in my size, and will try it on tomorrow. In all honesty, it looks pretty much exactly like the others I've paid more for.

Tip...Kohls, often has sales of Warner of up to 30% off and with a store coupon, they can be taken for around $20-24.