Menu

How much would this cost by you? Home question

Whereneverever

I would say between $300K and $400K would get you the land, size, bedrooms, but not necessarily the ranch style house around here.

This is the closest match. Much less land. Couldn't find a single-storey house and this one probably needs some updating. £695,00, so about US$ 1 million.

Laura

Great, now I want to go live there. Beautiful pictures.

took a while to find but I finally found a house that meets everything except it is not a ranch, it is 2 story. We are on an island so had to go about 30-45 min. inland to find something with that much land. I found a house that has 11.82 acres, finished basement, hardwood fls. etc. It has asking price of $325,000 and is under contract. Looks nice.

It varies wildly. We live near a fishing/watersports area for city-folk, so whether the house is new and angling for urbanites or older and angling for locals is very different.

With a quick check I saw one for @75,000 (half its assigned value) because it needs work and a few on the water for 500,000 (less than 10 years old and fabulous but none of the lake houses have more than 5 acres and definitely no fencing for animals).

We live about 55 miles outside of DC. 3000 Sf ranch on 3 acres would run you $425,000 (one just sold across the street), on a full basement? $600,000, on a full FINISHED basement? about $750,000, add extra usable acreage (IOW, not 7 acres with 3 acres of easement...or wetlands...like the lot across the street), you are chasing the million-dollar mark (we don't have a lot of ranch houses of that size on the market, the closest comp I come up with is $875,000, brick colonial...ranch styles almost always fetch more, because they are more expensive to build). Of course, a lot of this will depend upon age and condition of the home, but 10 usable acres on it's own would be close to $300k. Plop that home down in Fairfax, VA, and you're looking at at least double these figures.

SW Nebraska.

There'd be an asking price of $150,000 on it no doubt, but it'd go for less than $100,000.

If it's close to one of the big towns, you might get closer to that $150...

Really?

I'm in SW NE and when I put in those requirements in what I've been told is a big town (I don't think it is) the houses like that are $250,000, $450,000 and $750,000(this does have a lot more acreage).

Okay, I have seen manufactured in basements on 5 acres or so for $120-150,000. But those don't sound near as nice as the OPs house and are 20min from town.

Really?

I'm in SW NE and when I put in those requirements in what I've been told is a big town (I don't think it is) the houses like that are $250,000, $450,000 and $750,000(this does have a lot more acreage).

Okay, I have seen manufactured in basements on 5 acres or so for $120-150,000. But those don't sound near as nice as the OPs house and are 20min from town.

I'm going to bet you're a lot closer to a large town (Scottsbluff? Alliance? North Platte?) than I am to be seeing those kind of prices.

But yeah, I compared listings in McCook just to see if I was far off.

I'm not.

You wouldn't be able to find anything remotely close to 10 acres here. One recent sale that is a 4BR 3.5BA 3,027 sq. ft. ranch on 0.58 acres near me was $1.2M. The comparables listed that are currently for sale are a 4BR 3BA 3,307 sq. ft. split level on 0.32 acres at $1.345M and a 3BR 3BA 3,180 sq. ft. tri-story on 0.81 acres for $1.175M.

This would vary from town to town in my area, and 10 acres would be very hard to get, but somewhere between $800,000 and over a million.

took a while to find but I finally found a house that meets everything except it is not a ranch, it is 2 story. We are on an island so had to go about 30-45 min. inland to find something with that much land. I found a house that has 11.82 acres, finished basement, hardwood fls. etc. It has asking price of $325,000 and is under contract. Looks nice.

Easily over 500,000.

For such a dinky little state, we have a lot of variety here. :laugh:

It really does make a difference what part of the state you are in. The South and Northwest tend to be a lot cheaper (and have a lot more land available) than the Northeast or North Central parts. I also live in a spot where if I priced the exact same house in my town, and then in the town 1/2 mile down the road, the difference could be $100,000 to $150,000. It makes getting a market appraisal a nightmare when the appraiser isn't a local.

I'm a little surprised by this but I found one in similar size but the house looked fairly dated to me for 2.1 million.

So, with a bit more updating I'm guessing it would go for a bit more.

I live in Indiana.