Menu

Recommendations for new pots and skillets

lovinmyboys

I know nothing about this stuff and the choices are overwhelming. I have faberware stainless steel from 11 years ago. Now I am cooking for 6 people and I really need some new things. I am mostly looking for another medium pot and several skillets. I need something that would be good for cooking eggs. Suggestions?

I recommend this set every time I see a thread asking for pot suggestions. We've had our set for 4 years now. They look brand new. I do keep one non stick pan for eggs, but I use these for everything else. Sometimes I cook eggs on them too. I just think eggs will stick unless it's non-stick. They are from walmart and very affordable, but great pans. We read a lot of reviews comparing them to high end pans when we purchased them.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tramontina-8-Piece-18-10-Stainless-Steel-Tri-Ply-Clad-Cookware-Set/19581112

Get barkeeper's friend to wash them with.

Lodge cast iron, and it's worth taking the time to season it properly over and over, because after a while, it's perfect, even for eggs. We use one of our skillets at least once, often two or three times, every single day, and the only time we have eggs stick is when we have cooked a couple of batches of eggs and don't add more butter before doing scrambled eggs or omelets. Even then, anything stuck on washes away easily.

I like cast iron, but even the small one I use for eggs, cornbread, and casserole-style bread is heavy for me. So I also have an Everyday Pan for bigger dishes. I have a Le Creuset dutch oven as well. It was a second, and cost quite a bit less than they usually do.

And that pretty much covers 90% of my needs. I have a few other pots, but those three are my biggies.

I have had the Cuisinart MCP-12 Pro Stainless Steel 12 piece cookware set for more than a year. I've been really happy with it. The price on Amazon is now cheaper than when I bought it. It washes up beautifully.

I also had a Cook's Essentials Technique set from QVC. I didn't realize when I bought the above set, that the QVC set had a lifetime warranty against scratches. I returned it all (only paid shipping) for a brand new replacement set. So, now I have 2 sets, but truly do use both quite a bit. The QVC set is coated, so I like having both sets for different purposes.