Menu

Beat my crazy neighbor story....

delaney

I don't know if I can beat your stories, but I've got one I've been saving for you all. Remember the "perfect" homeschooling neighbor who lived across the street from us after our move a year ago? With a baby in tow, would make meals for people, drive them to the dr, etc? I joked that we had so much in common, she must have been stalking me.

Her dh had a "job opening." Mine took his res over, & that night, the 2 of them googled me, found the boards, & printed 300 pp of conversations here. Delivered them to my mom.

Isn't that cozy?

So anyway, that's why I wasn't here for the following 18mos or so.

WWWHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if I can beat your stories, but I've got one I've been saving for you all. Remember the "perfect" homeschooling neighbor who lived across the street from us after our move a year ago? With a baby in tow, would make meals for people, drive them to the dr, etc? I joked that we had so much in common, she must have been stalking me.

Her dh had a "job opening." Mine took his res over, & that night, the 2 of them googled me, found the boards, & printed 300 pp of conversations here. Delivered them to my mom.

Isn't that cozy?

What. The. HECK?!?!

For all of you with pitbulls, that is one of my criteria for not buying a house. If I go and see pitbulls around, I don't buy or rent the house. Though as I was looking for my missing poodle yesterday at the ANimal shelter, I did come across a very friendly pit bull, so I do know that some can be okay.

Our neighbor has a pit bull that for years has made me uneasy when she's out walking it, mostly because it's always straining to get to me and in general seems not very controllable. One day when I was over visiting I realized that the straining to get to me was because she was a huge people dog who has not been taught manners--she literally climbed into my lap.

I still would take heed of dogs in the neighborhood when buying a house but this did make me take notice. Pugs and pit bulls are the poplar breeds in my town these days.

Isn't that cozy?

That really s*cks!!! You have been missed!

I'm not sure why I'd blame dh--at that point they seemed like really nice people, it looked like a great job opportunity, etc.

My best guess would have been an ins policy on mom or something like that--but there was no such ins policy, mom wasn't rich. But the neighbor had been really close to mom before I came, so...I guess she didn't want to take 2nd place to me once I was there?

Or...that's not what happened at all. My mom DID have the printed pages from here, & the neighbor DIDN'T ever speak to me again. That's all I know for sure. The details were provided by my mom. So. Who knows? She also told me that they both said I'd been saying bad things about her, which was particularly funny since I hadn't even met the dh.

A few months later, when I'd calmed down enough to be slightly rational, it occurred to me that they had seemed really nice. I prefer to think that...um...well, no, the alternatives don't make a lot of sense, either. If mom lied about them or "misunderstood" something...that doesn't explain them ceasing contact. Unless she said something about me to them, too? But she started complaining that we ought to be friends & was upset when I indicated that I was satisfied with the friends I already had, lol, so...well, I don't know.

But as long as there was nowhere else to go, I couldn't risk posting anything here. I did try changing my name, but gosh, that was even worse. If I hadn't known a couple of you guys irl here, it would have been an incredibly lonely year.

Ok I think I misunderstood! I thought your husband had went over there and they had both decided to spy on you. I am sorry. I would be a little freaked out, OK a lot freaked out!.

I guess I have been pretty lucky with having normal neighbors, but one time I did see something happen on my street that I cannot explain to this day.

I used to live in a quiet, secluded neighborhood that was in the middle of nowhere. One day I happened to notice a car driving by my house. All of a sudden, the car stops in the middle of the street and the driver leaps out and does 10 push-ups in the middle of the road!

Then he jumped back into his car and drove away.

Why would someone feel the urge while driving to do a bunch of push-ups in the middle of the street? Still causes me to shake my head in wonderment.

I think I may know. There is a bodybuilding program where you get a text several times a day to remind you to do pushups. You're supposed to do them immediately no matter where you are so you don't forget, and I think the timing is very specific based on some theory of muscle recovery.

hopefully I'll get a chance to come back later and read the whole thread, but I had to share my crazy neighbor story.

Where we used to live, couple next door got into a messy divorce. He took a job driving freight and disappeared. Leaving her w/ the bills, incomplete divorce paperwork, etc She can't pay her bills and gets everything shut off. I come home one day to find her in my backyard trying to quickly unplug an extension cord from my outside plug!! She had been stealing electricity from us for a month!! We shut off that breaker which made her furious. She called the cops on our dogs regularly after that and left hateful notes on our door.

THEN the city came after her for her lawn, one day she was outside in a nightie cutting her lawn with scissors.... I kid you not. Then she tried to sell me her food stamp card..... seriously..... So glad when they finally evicted her. It took a year because they couldn't locate the husband. I was pregnant with my first at the time and this lady was such a source of stress for me.

It was an even bigger relief when we escaped that neighborhood! The guy that replaced her parked his boat on our property line blocking our gate to the backyard. Complete jerk.

I have had many crazy neighbors over the years, but our current house truly was upsettting. They day we moved in, their dog attacked and bit our dog in our yard. They had a fenced in yard, but the dog was out running around that day. I mean, it was moving day for us!. Our kids winessed it. It got infected, we had to find a vet, etc. Thru that we found out their dog didn't have tags, was not vacinated, etc. They never offered to pay the bill, or really even apologized. It happened again several years later. Our vet office offered to call them and tell them they needed to get their dog vacinated or they could be turned into the township. I opted to deal with it myself. Again, they never offered to pay the bill, or hardly even apologized. It was if their dog was the top dog as he lived here first. I guess it was a she, and she was getting old.

Several years later they adopted a howler. They never got that dog fully house broken and the other one was getting old, so when they would leave they would just put them in the back yard. The howler would sit by the fence on our side of the house and howl. My sons couldn't do school work in their room during the day it was so bad. But we never complained, until they started leaving the dogs out at night if they were gone over night. The first time it happened, a storm came up and the dogs were terrified. DH finally went over and put them in the house but the old dog growled at him and he wouldn't do it after that.. They apologized, but really didn't understand how up set these dogs or how much noise they made. It went on that way for over a year and finally one night DH had enough. We called the cops. They were completely aggreement that these dogs were breaking noise laws and left their card inside the house. The neighbors were furious! Friends don't call the cops on friends, was their response, but I guess it's ok to leaving howling dogs outside all night long. We did go over and attempt to talk to them, but they just said their dogs had a big back yard and they expected they should be able to use it and if the dogs bothered us, we should have just gone over and let them in the house.

The next summer, we were at their house for a neighborhood BBQ. The man told the neighbor on the other side that he had left his garden hose out and available all summer because when their little toy cup poodle came outside it barked at him and he would hit him with the water hose because it was so annoying.. Toy cup poodle barking vs a howler........I got up and left and never went over their again.

Sometime later on I heard that the neighbor behind us who were snow birds, would come home for the summer and called the police many times on the howling dog. Neighbors always blamed us, even tho one time it happened we were in Hawaii on vacation and our kids were staying elsewhere.

Eventually they got rid of the dog because of the complaints. But I gathered they always felt we were overreacting.

They recently moved and the new couple doesn't have children or dogs.