Menu

I am the only female here during the week.

Remudamom

Dd1 lives on campus during the week and dd2 is doing an internship out of state.

That means I'm surrounded. Three to one. Right now dh is playing something about some pissed off space birds and I heard a crash from the weight room where the boys are. I'm not even going to look. I'm sure I'll find out soon enough.

Maybe I should enroll in college and bunk with my dd.

I feel for you all, and sympathize as best I can.

My DH's mother was similarly outnumbered as he grew up. DH, for some silly reason, became convinced that boys were easier to raise than girls. HE is now outnumbered. Both kids are girls. The cat is a girl. The guinea pig (when she was still alive) was a girl. I'm partially convinced he bought guppies so he could be sure to get some males. He still bought at least one female, so the one surviving male got territorial and started terrorizing the bigger fish in the tank. We removed him to another tank, and he promptly died. The rest of the fish it's hard to tell (probably girls).

Everyone but me are boys into house; 3 boys, husband, and dog. :) I love it though. They all make me laugh often. Sometimes I'm laughing at something they intended but, often, I'm just laughing AT them. ;)

I tell annoying people who try to give me sympathy for being the only girl that I am the only female my household could handle. ;) lol

While we were raising kids, it was all girl for 11 years..then 2 boys were born. Girls got married and it was all boy here for a very very long long time..

Dinner table conversations were so interesting..especially when you have two engineering brains talking. I wanted to eat on a TV tray in the den many times!

I feel your pain.

It has always been 4 guys and me. No complaints, though. I wouldn't trade them for anything. I have a boy dog too.

I was raised in a family of all girls and old women, so I have had it both ways. My sisters are smart, funny women and I had a great childhood, but I sort if like the 'mom if boys' gig.

I've been outnumbered my whole life. Two brothers, no sisters, one dd, who left home 6 years ago, 4 boys. Right now it's me, dh, and 3 boys. My only grandchild is a boy. Most of the time I don't mind, except when it comes to entertainment. I'm just not into crashes, explosions, wars (real or fantasy), klingons, and professional sports. I'm lacking romance and elegance in my life.

I grew up wishing my life was a musical, and now all I hear are groans if anyone on a screen breaks out in song. How in the world could Jane Austen be anything but refined, subtle, and witty? How could anyone not see the artistry and beauty of Babette's Feast? Philistines.