Menu

And looking for feedback on another store: Sprouts is opening in Katy, TX on Wednesday...

Joanne

Sprouts vitamin 25% off sale every 3 months is pretty good. Their prices for Nordic Naturals is usually cheaper than Whole Foods and you get a 10% off for vitamin purchase above $100. We did not like their beans selections at the bulk bin section as it is quite limited compared to Whole Foods.

You can see their seasonal sales offerings here http://sprouts.com/sales

We've had Sprouts here on AZ for a while, and I do most of my grocery shopping there. The produce is good quality at a good price. They have an excellent variety of supplements. You can get grass fed beef at a good price. Great bulk selection. A few things I won't usually buy there, such as brown rice pastas...way cheaper at TJ's. Same goes for maple syrup and cereal. But for the most part I can get a good bang for my buck there I think. Enjoy!

Agreeing with most of what Sara already said. I buy much of my produce there. Whatever is on sale is always the best price you can find around here in SoCal, and great quality too. I also buy grass fed beef & organic chicken there whenever it's on sale, or if I can luck into finding marked down packages that expire tomorrow. :)

Most of their other stuff is too expensive for me. Occasionally I am out of a staple like flour or oil and have to either buy it there or make a trip to another store. So painful! (Twice the price of what I'd pay at TJs or Target).

Sprouts can be wonderful for produce, but it depends on the specific location, even within the same metropolitan area. Whole Foods (where I live) charges less for identical items, unless there is a sale at Sprouts. I'm strongly supportive of buying locally-grown produce, which is a marketing claim for Sprouts. My quibble (and the same quibble holds for Whole Foods) is that Mexican produce is NOT "locally-grown" in my view. (I live in the DFW-Metroplex.) . . . There are some desirable items which I can find only at Sprouts.

If you live in or near Katy, by all means, check out the store!

I love sprouts!!

One of their better features is that on Wednesdays, they have last week's AND current week's sales. So really you could just go every other week if you want.

They also have a lot of bulk foods, so I can buy .... farina (cream of wheat) for $2 instead of $5 and still money for oatmeal.

They have spices in bulk too, so I can buy just enough of something for a new recipe and not have curry on my shelf for the next 18 years... Also the spices you don't use as much of, don't go bad because you use them up before they expire.

I don't know anything about Sprouts, but there is such a perfectly beautiful HEB right off I-10 in Katy that we loved going into when we would drive that way. How I miss HEB! I long for it, I pine. Kroger just kind of sucks in comparison.

I, too, miss HEB! I don't know why we have a couple of Central Market stores here, but no HEB.

I do like Kroger, but that may be changing into a "did". I would stock up on the 10/$10 bags of frozen vegetables -- until Kroger reduced the content from 16 oz. per bag to 12 oz. per bag. Now I have to use two bags at once, rather than be stingy with the family. Their produce is pretty useless, just as is produce from Walmart, Aldi's, and all the other mainline local grocery stores.

I, too, miss HEB! I don't know why we have a couple of Central Market stores here, but no HEB.

I do like Kroger, but that may be changing into a "did". I would stock up on the 10/$10 bags of frozen vegetables -- until Kroger reduced the content from 16 oz. per bag to 12 oz. per bag. Now I have to use two bags at once, rather than be stingy with the family. Their produce is pretty useless, just as is produce from Walmart, Aldi's, and all the other mainline local grocery stores.

I can't believe you don't have an HEB! That stinks. I remember being so excited when I was in college, because College Station and Bryan were getting HEB. They ended up being HEB pantry. :( Still better than having to go to Albertsons or Kroger though!

I can't believe you don't have an HEB! That stinks. I remember being so excited when I was in college, because College Station and Bryan were getting HEB. They ended up being HEB pantry. :( Still better than having to go to Albertsons or Kroger though!

The last that I heard, a few years ago, was that HEB could come as far north as Waxahachie, but no further. Why Central Market is not subject to the same restriction, I don't know.

I do like Kroger, but that may be changing into a "did". I would stock up on the 10/$10 bags of frozen vegetables -- until Kroger reduced the content from 16 oz. per bag to 12 oz. per bag. Now I have to use two bags at once, rather than be stingy with the family.

Oh, that makes me mad! Why can't manufacturers just raise the prices already! We *notice* when you reduce the package size!

I have many happy memories of Central Market too! Now I really want you to feel sorry for me because my alternative to Kroger is .....IGA! From HEB and Central Market to IGA. In which one of Dante's circles do you find the IGA? One of the lower ones, I'm pretty sure.

The last that I heard, a few years ago, was that HEB could come as far north as Waxahachie, but no further. Why Central Market is not subject to the same restriction, I don't know.

That does seem strange. I'm sorry you don't have an HEB. :(

Oh, that makes me mad! Why can't manufacturers just raise the prices already! We *notice* when you reduce the package size!

No kidding- Dh txted me from the store last night. His coconut oil got "smaller". He said "They didn't even try to hide it!" I'm w/ you- raise the price a bit- don't cut down the amount.

No kidding- Dh txted me from the store last night. His coconut oil got "smaller". He said "They didn't even try to hide it!" I'm w/ you- raise the price a bit- don't cut down the amount.

I'm tired. I misread your post and missed the word "oil." I thought your store was selling coconuts at a flat rate (per coconut), and had shifted to sell ones significantly smaller than in the past.

(Get some sleep, O-6, get some sleep!)

I don't know anything about Sprouts, but there is such a perfectly beautiful HEB right off I-10 in Katy that we loved going into when we would drive that way. How I miss HEB! I long for it, I pine. Kroger just kind of sucks in comparison.

There are 2 now; one near Fry Rd and a new one on Pin Oak and I-10. I shop at the Pin Oak one often as it is near one of my jobs.

I really like the bakery cookies. I wait for sales on the grass fed beef (went down to 4.99/lb. recently), steel cut oats from the bulk bins (went on sale for $0.69/Lb) and vitamins 25%off. Their produce is good quality and often a good price. This week my store has oranges at an amazing 10 cents per pound. That low of a price is unusual. Earlier this spring red bell peppers kept going on sale for 3/$1.00.The seasoned fajita meat from the meat counter is pretty good. Their everything bagels are too salty. Last I looked their loaves of bread were a bit on the small side to feed my crowd so I don't usually buy bread there.