Menu

This may be the stupidest thing I've done for awhile.

I ordered all of our curriculum for the year this week. One of the things I wanted was a small, simple globe. Nothing fancy, electronic, or huge. Just an old-fashioned tabletop globe. I found one from a seller on Amazon that was only $2.47. I was so excited. There was no description, but the picture looked nice enough. So, I ordered it. I received the globe in the mail today in a 5x7" flat bubble mailer. It was a very realistic looking, 3 inch tall scrapbooking sticker! I felt so stupid! I had to laugh. What am I going to do with that?

I ordered all of our curriculum for the year this week. One of the things I wanted was a small, simple globe. Nothing fancy, electronic, or huge. Just an old-fashioned tabletop globe. I found one from a seller on Amazon that was only $2.47. I was so excited. There was no description, but the picture looked nice enough. So, I ordered it. I received the globe in the mail today in a 5x7" flat bubble mailer. It was a very realistic looking, 3 inch tall scrapbooking sticker! I felt so stupid! I had to laugh. What am I going to do with that?

:lol: Oh, well, at least you didn't spend a lot!

Guest Katia

I'm sorry, but....this is the funniest thing I have read in a long, long time. I'm literally laughing out loud!!

Thanks for the laugh and hope you find a 'real' globe.

:001_smile:

That sounds like something I would do! You are in good company. Put the sticker on your history or geopraphy binder. It will make you smile every time you pull out the binder.

Usborne has a Kid Kit with the First Atlas book and an inflatable globe (12" diameter with a stand). $16.99

31eHSNbeeCL._SL500_AA250_.jpgThis was the picture on Amazon.

I have to add that when searching for the picture to post I did discover a tiny note about the seller, somewhere in the middle of all the other pictures and words on an Amazon page. It stated that the seller's stickers were acid-free and perfect for scrapbooking. There was also an e-sticker download option right next to the price for the actual globe I purchased. Unfortunately, I missed both of these pieces of information when scanning the page before ordering. The very sad thing is that I also paid $4.04 in shipping for this item! I didn't think that was a bad deal when I was under the impression I was going to receive an actual globe. But for a sticker, that seems pretty steep! I didn't mention the shipping cost to my dh; I'm pretty sure that would have pained him a little too deeply! I feel foolish.

I feel foolish.

Sweetie, please don't feel bad or foolish. I beg you to find the humor in this. Nobody was hurt or injured, right? It was an honest mistake that you can all look back at and laugh! Let the kids in on it -- I know my kids would get a good laugh and we'd laugh about it for years to come.

:)

I'm sorry, but....this is the funniest thing I have read in a long, long time. I'm literally laughing out loud!!

Thanks for the laugh and hope you find a 'real' globe.

:001_smile:

It's okay to laugh. I've laughed a lot at myself over it. At least it makes for a funny story, right?

It's okay to laugh. I've laughed a lot at myself over it. At least it makes for a funny story, right?

Would you like me to make you feel a little better by telling you my globe story? (And you can share this with your husband, and just slip in the detail about the shipping you paid - he will be so amazed by my credulity, my gullibleness, my doofiness, that he won't notice the shipping you paid!)

Years ago, I ordered an inflatable globe - simple, plastic, one-foot in diameter, perfect for kindergarten lessons about our world. It came with a money-back rebate - I pay, I receive globe, I send in paperwork and get all my money back - easy, right? I had dealt with this company once before, and got my money back, so it didn't really matter what the globe cost up front, right? Right?

Well, right, unless, of course the company goes out of business/bankrupt.

So $70 was a LOT to pay for a small inflatable globe. Heck, you could probably buy about 25 globe stickers with that, eh?! Fortunately, dh was kind - and we do laugh about it NOW (not then!). :blush:

I wanted to add that I agree with the former poster - I would mount it and frame it and keep it forever!

Me too!

In fact, I went to an auction 7 years ago, and bid $7 for a pitcher/bowl combo. I stopped when it went up to $8. Then the auctioneer said "Sold for nine dollars to the lady!" I said, "It is??" and I had to pay nine bucks for it, though I didn't bid on it after $7!

For a few years, my mom and I gifted it back and forth. Now DH (whenever I want something that seems pricey to him) raises his eyebrows and says in his best auctioneer voice, "Seven dollars biddin' on nine, biddin' on nine!"

I use the pitcher for lemonade and the bowl for fruit. :001_smile:

Susan