Menu

Could use some good thoughts/prayers! Housing related.

Juniper

We have had a doozy of a time finding housing up here, but I think we have finally found a homeowner willing to do a lease purchase in a house we love!!!!

The offer was officially sent out this evening and I really hope they will accept it. If you would be willing to pray for us or send good vibes our direction, I would really appreciate it. We should know something in the next five days.

The in-laws basement is great ;), but I would really like to be in my own home again.

Good luck! I must have missed something though because didn't you just move last year to a farm with horses?? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Actually, it was almost two years ago. We loved it there, but my youngest son was no longer able to handle heat. We had family up north and dh found a job so we went ahead and made the move.

Heard from our Realtor The owners found out that since they have so little left on their mortgage their lender will let them sell "land contract" which basically means "owner finance." The difference is that we will officially have the house in our name from the get go and not in 2 years. This is all verbal at this point and I do not have an official counter offer :( So at this point we are waiting for a counter and hoping for terms we can agree to.

Continued prayers and good vibes are very welcome!

We got it!!!! You want the details? 5 bedrooms (although two have been used for a wood shop so will need some work) 2 living areas, open concept cabinish living room/ kitchen with vaulted ceilings and wood beams, wood stove, finished 4 season room that goes the entire length of the house. Porches that cover the entire length of the house and over look the lake, private beach access shared by 6 houses and a seasonal dock....all on two acres with a barn!

In two years when we get our Mortgage (owner finance till then) we will finance less than 100,000. I'm giddy. :D

I just told the kids and was really surprised by their reaction. My dd12 wanted to make absolutely sure we were not LEASING the home, but owning it. When I reassured her that the title would be in our name she gave a massive sigh of relief. I was struck and a little saddened by how much stress she had taken upon herself while we were leasing for the last few years. I underestimated how important this feeling of having a safe "stable" home was to her.