Menu

Ninja blender?

caroljenn

I can't afford the holy grail of blenders, the Vitamix, so I am looking at getting a Ninja blender to make healthy smoothies. Do you have one, and what do you think? Any problems? What can you put in yours?

p.s. I don't mind having to cut up the food a bit before I blend it. I know with the Vitamix, you can put in a whole apple, I know I will have to cut mine up.

Thanks ladies!

We have a Ninja. We like it, but I only really use it for smoothies. No problems with it.

DH uses it to make salsa and sauces, too.

No complaints.

Oh, I do find it a bit difficult to get the top off at times - but that seems to be my own personal issue, no one else has a problem!

Guest submarines

I have this one http://www.amazon.co...s=oster blender

I downgraded to it from a $200 blender after it broke, and when I opened the box I didn't like it, as I thought the base was too flimsy. I've had it for about a year, and I just adore it. It blends, it grinds nuts and seeds, I use it multiple times a day for smoothies, flax seed and almond nuts. It makes spinach disappear. The only thing that doesn't disappear is kale--you can still see specks of green. I'm fine with it, but some are more sensitive and don't want to see or feel green specks.

I also make soft fruit ice creams--two cups of frozen fruits, some water (just a little), vanilla and maple syrup. In the first weeks I was actually hoping for it to break, thus "proving" to DH that I need a Vitamix :laugh: . It didn't break, it works like a charm, and I work it super hard.

Now I appreciate the seemingly flimsy base--it is very easy to unscrew, as there are special notches for my fingers to grip on. I love my blender! And I am so happy to have saved.

I just bought a Ninja after Christmas.

I've never had anything other than $50 cheapies, so I don't have much experience with high powered blenders.

The Ninja is very powerful and sturdy. I don't see why I'd ever pay $500 for a Vitamix after buying this blender. We have only used it for smoothies, but we've used it several times a week. We've put whole baby carrots and whole frozen strawberries and they get liquified quickly. Hubby puts almonds in his smoothies sometimes, and those have been blended smooth too.

I bought the model that came with two extra 16oz canisters and an extra blade. http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=40176550 I actually use the extra canisters, so I'm extremely happy with this purchase.

On my model, the handle is sort of hollow. This only matters if you put the main canister in the dishwasher. If you do this, debris will fall all the way down to the top of the handle. Gross.

Love our ninja!! The latest one we got (after daughter melted the base on our stove top) had the 2 blender containers, 1 big and 1 small. The small is for dough! We've done pizza crust in it and it works great!!

We do smoothies daily and it's great!

I also put oats in it to turn into oat flour and it did great!!

We have a Ninja. We like it, but I only really use it for smoothies. No problems with it.

DH uses it to make salsa and sauces, too.

No complaints.

Oh, I do find it a bit difficult to get the top off at times - but that seems to be my own personal issue, no one else has a problem!

I was using someone else's ninja at an event where we were making smoothies and I had an issue with getting the lid on/off too!

I love mine. No problems. I mostly use if for smoothies with lots of frozen fruit.

We've purchased a Ninja last year and use it a few times a week for smoothies with no problem. I haven't noticed any difficulties getting the lid off with our model. We have the one with the individual cups and use them more than the big batch one. Everyone likes their smoothie a little different and the cups work well for us.

I've been using my Ninja daily for about 2 years now. I have this one: http://www.amazon.com/Ninja-Professional-Blender-Chopper-Crusher/dp/B003O47MKA

I've also used it to make shaved ice for snow cones.

Mostly I use it for smoothies though. I make a smoothie every day and it mixes banana chunks (I cut them into thirds) and whole frozen strawberries, cherries, blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries just fine.

Our Ninja has a single serving plastic cup for smoothies and that is what we use the most...LOVE IT! You dump the stuff into the plastic cup and twist on the blade component, flip it upside down and set it in the Ninja, press down and get a smoothie in seconds.

Though I am still recovering from having my thumb sliced from another component of the Ninja. They aren't kidding when they say the blades are really sharp.

Love ours! Love!

When I'm pregnant, I eat ice. Lately I've been throwing it in the ninja two or three times a day and it's like snow! Yum!

Also great for smoothies, dicing veggies, salsa, guac... We use the big pitcher to make batters - toss in ingredients pulse once or twice and done!

I just bought a Ninja after Christmas.

I've never had anything other than $50 cheapies, so I don't have much experience with high powered blenders.

The Ninja is very powerful and sturdy. I don't see why I'd ever pay $500 for a Vitamix after buying this blender. We have only used it for smoothies, but we've used it several times a week. We've put whole baby carrots and whole frozen strawberries and they get liquified quickly. Hubby puts almonds in his smoothies sometimes, and those have been blended smooth too.

I bought the model that came with two extra 16oz canisters and an extra blade. http://www.bedbathan...sp?SKU=40176550 I actually use the extra canisters, so I'm extremely happy with this purchase.

I could have written this post. My previous blender was old, cheap one -- one we had forever. I couldn't/wouldn't spend the $ for a Vitamix, so I asked for a Ninja for Christmas instead. Got one (same one linked above). Works great. I've mostly used it for smoothies. Love it.