Menu

I am so overwhelmed with my larger than average family tonight...

Oakblossoms

I know I am solo-parenting 5 kids and have two special needs kids. I know I am in the middle of my period. I know I just started house hunting. I know my vehicle is still broken down and I am not getting out of the house much. My youngest is almost 2 and he started chewing on his nukies, so I cannot give him that to calm him down. I know I should be thankful they are all getting along and my two special kiddos are making huge leaps this year.

But, I am so overwhelmed with the balancing act this week. I am so tired of curriculum taking more than a year to finish. I want to burn Apologia Biology. I don't even know if I should be on these boards because our education is definitely not rigorous.

Seriously my bonus for the day was the Chocolate Cherry Mike's I found in the back of the fridge. I waited till nighttime to drink it. I promise.

Boy, do I hear you. And I'm not solo-parenting.

Today was one of those days here it's lucky they have a firm bedtime, because I couldn't have stood five more minutes of the massive whiny chaos the day became.

Also, maybe you _should_ burn the biology book.

I get so bent out of shape. I don't know who I am comparing us to or why I do it. My husband certainly doesn't think any of this. He just wants the kids to enjoy themselves.

I took some melatonin and I am going to try and get some sleep. Maybe I will feel better in the morning.

I am seriously thinking of making a plan to get that dumb biology done in the next month. I don't want to see it again.

If it makes you feel any better. I barely made it until bedtime (the kids') before pouring that first glass of wine. And I do mean first. And I dumped our Spanish yesterday too. I've had enough. He's had enough. I'm done. And now I have guilt that I just stink at teaching some subjects.

But, I'm not solo right now and I don't have to hunt for a house. I also don't have any littles. Wish I could give you another Mike's.

Last night I was semi panicked about my lack of rigor compared to most everyone here. i was halfway resolved to not check the boards as often, since that kind of comparison is never good. Then I came across your response in someone's first grade thread and I thought, thank god, at least someone out there is like me. So, thank you for that.

Hope your day goes better today.

I would have to bring the science textbook for my to get annoyed with it.... the kids finished their SOS science in Dec and I was to start Apologia at the beginning of January. But with two funerals this month, science didn't happen, everything else did, and i was feeling guilty. Now, I'm declaring that we'll start science back up in Feb.

Burn the book if it makes you feel better, or facebook some homeschooling friends and tell them that the first family that comes for a playdate gets the book! You'll get someone to visit with and the book will get a new home.