Menu

Is there a way you can find out who gave you stars?

justamouse

Why am I always one step behind on these boards. :)

Are you talking about the thread star rating? Or those little boxes under your name? I know how the stars get there, but how about the little boxes?

!!!!?????

I thought they were circles under our avatars. I can't see well, so maybe they are boxes. They showed up a day or two ago. I've not figured out how they work.

My eyes hurt from rolling them so hard. Not at you, at the thought of how this new board is allowing us to revisit a middle school popularity contest.

Not everything in life needs to be rated...

That said, I may have just given you 5 stars :leaving:

I think that the stars are supposed to be given based upon quality or relevance of the thread content, not as a measurement of personal feelings toward other members.

I think you have to go to someone's profile to change their star rating. Right? I was just surprised to see that some people visited my profile just to give me a bad rating, LOL.

Yeah, one has to go to another's profile to give them a star rating. Each thread can be rated too.

You can see the last few people to visit your profile, but that doesn't necessarily mean one of them dumped your stars.

Personally I see it as an act of pettiness to dump stars.

Yeah, one has to go to another's profile to give them a star rating. Each thread can be rated too.

You can see the last few people to visit your profile, but that doesn't necessarily mean one of them dumped your stars.

Personally I see it as an act of pettiness to dump stars.

How do you see who has visited your profile? I cannot see that on my profile.

I thought they were circles under our avatars. I can't see well, so maybe they are boxes. They showed up a day or two ago. I've not figured out how they work.

My theory is that they have to do with how many posts we have. Look at I.Dup's. She has around 1900 posts and 2 dots. I have around 7000 posts and 4 dots. You have around 20,000 posts and 6 dots.

I'll bump you up as often as I can.

That's the problem I was saying earlier. It doesn't seem like you can actually give stars to someone repeatedly. It will show what you voted for them, but doesn't seem to count at all, except the first one.

I used to be blessedwinter. I just discovered I have 3 stars. How can justamouse and Martha have more stars than me, they posted way more controversial stuff in recent threads than I did? :nopity: :p

I bumped yours up after reading this post. I bumped it from 3 to 4 so not sure what happened after that.

My theory is that they have to do with how many posts we have. Look at I.Dup's. She has around 1900 posts and 2 dots. I have around 7000 posts and 4 dots. You have around 20,000 posts and 6 dots.

This was my thought too.

I'm still "star-free". If anyone is in a giving mood, and wants to give a girl some stars, I'd love some! :)

That's my theory, too.

Since they seem to just be little grey blobs I'm okay only having 2. If they were shiny and sparkly and pretty I'd want more.

Yep, you're right. They are circles. Let me go back relearn my shapes OR rest my eyes. Homeschooling makes me blurry sometimes! :)

I agree with Audrey about the dots.

The dots appear to correlate with the number of posts, and with the level in the Hive.

Beekeeping Professors have six dots

Qualified Bee Keepers have five dots

Amateur Bee Keepers and Apprentice Bee Keepers have four dots

Empress Bees have three dots

Hive Mind Queen Bees and Hive Mind Royal Larvae have two dots

Hive Mind Worker Bees and Hive Mind Level 4 Worker: Builder Bees have one dot

I have noticed some Builder Bees with one dot and some with two.

ETA: please let me know if I left any levels out!