Menu

Any suggestions for a fish oil supplement?

I'm taking one by Natrol and I feel like I'm belching up a trout. :D Any suggestions?

I like the ones at Sams club that are enteric coated. They are mildly scented like vanilla, go down easily, and tend to stay down when others don't.

Barb

:iagree:

I like Nordic Naturals...ne'er a fish belch from those. :D

fish11.gif

I take the Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega recommended by my highly informed FNP. I can't take too many supplements, vitamins give me heartburn, and these don't bother me one bit. Now off to Vitamin World for a refill.

Laurie in CA

dd(14) TOG and other stuff

I like Nordic Naturals...ne'er a fish belch from those. :D

fish11.gif

:iagree: as well :)

I've read that fish oil supplements shouldn't smell fishy. Nordic Naturals don't, and they don't "haunt" me either. (When I started taking fish oil, I was taking the Costco stuff, and it did result in some fishy burps. :ack2:)

I buy Noridc Naturals' bottled cod liver oil, and mix it with a little bit of juice. This is my dc's prefered way of taking fish oil. (We call it "potion" :))

Kelsy

No fishy burps and we have noticeable results! DD and I each take 3 pills at night before bed. They help stabilize her moods and they help me sleep.

This is the only brand that ever gave us results!

I'm on a subscription service--they send out a shipment once a month.

We use Carlson. The kids take the lemon flavoured one off the spoon. DH and I are not so brave; we use capsules.

It's only my experience, so take it with a grain of salt, but if the fish oil smells "fishy" or "off" and if it gives you digestive troubles, like the fishy burps, it may be rancid.

We keep ours in the fridge and in a paper bag (to shield out light), as well.

Just an observation from long experience with liquid cod liver oil.