Menu

Well, this is a new one.

Rhonda in TX

We were supposed to have granite installed in our kitchen yesterday. They never showed. After a day of searching, it was finally found out that there was a traffic incident and the driver had outstanding tickets, so he was arrested. We strongly suspect our granite is sitting in an impound lot.

You have to laugh. :smilielol5:

Sorry your beautiful granite hasn't been installed yet! We had the same issue once. Our roofer didn't show up for work - the roof was half finished- and his crew tracked him down, in the county jail. Note to self: if a project isn't finished on Friday, schedule them to come back on Monday, not Saturday. Evidently the guys went to a bar after work Friday and it got rowdy- the roofer was arrested but the others were just badly hung over. And nailing on shingles is not fun with a hangover. Bonus feature: the roofer's wife showed up at our house and screamed at him while he was on the roof - well deserved, but not in my yard, thankyouverymuch.

I am sooo sorry! May I suggest the purchase of a butcher block. They are pretty useful and aesthetic depending on the style of kitchen you are leaning towards... You could start your cooking/ baking on it and then keep in on a portion of your counter after its complete or put it away for future use. I had a butcher block island in my house (no the renters use it) I loved it and miss it dearly! I am sure I will need to replace the top when I move back as I am OCD and will need to insure its sterility...LOL

Y'all are too punny. :) We've gotten some pretty funny comments from friends.

They showed up yesterday afternoon at 4:00 and installed half the granite. They're supposed to return today to finish. I don't know if they are the same ones that should have been here on Sunday, but at least the work is getting done.