Menu

Twin pregnancy is sucking the life out of me

chickenpatty

I. AM. SO. TIRED. My iron is low, blood pressure is low and I don't ever remember feeling so utterly and completely drained in my life. My heart is pounding so that I feel my fast pulse beating in my hands. Standing makes me feel faint and winded.

And I am huge. And I'm not due til late February.

On a brighter note, the twins are doing great - they're both about 3 lbs each already. But oh my goodness am I feeling depleted.

Someone please give me a virtual hug and chocolate.

:grouphug: chocolate-1333.png :grouphug:

I can only imagine. Gestating one little person at a time was enough to whip the stuffin' out of me. It will be so worth it when you're cuddling those two sweet little guys. It sounds like you're at just about the same point my cousin is. Her little boys will be #4 and #5 (she was just trying to catch up to me and is blowing right past :rofl: ), she's due in Feb, too.

Hang in there! I know it's tough. It's temporary. You can do this!!! (from another angle, think how much "more" rest you are getting now than you will after they're born) better in than out?

Sorry to hear about the heartrate. I had tachycardia in my twin pregnancy, and it was as unnerving as it was exhausting. That is one aspect that improves immediately after delivery.

For iron, I'm not sure what you're taking, but I found (in later pregnancies) that Slow Fe was very effective for me.

Hugs and good luck!! Count down the days to 37w, and be thankful if you make it that far!!! I repeat, you can do this!!! :) :)

:grouphug:

Rest and eat well.

I'm 36.5 wks along with a singleton and I am weeping at the thought of twins...lots of sympathy going your way from me. You are doing a GREAT job - 3lb twins = 6lbs of baby...that's a lot of baby to feed and carry around.

Hang in there. I delivered twins almost two years ago and it was the hardest thing I've ever been through physically. Make sure to rest alot, eat healthy snacks and drink lots of water. It will all be worth it in the end. There's nothing better than being handed two precious babies.

Carrying multiples really does take it out of you. I remember having to rest a lot. I would need to lie down after climbing the stairs. Do yourself a favor and try to eat really, really well. Avoid sugar if at all possible - a lot of moms with twins get thrush when nursing. My guess is that the pregnancy taxes your system and causes you to be predisposed to having problems with yeast.

((Hugs)) It DOES suck the life out of you. I was exhausted with my twins. I also lost about 15 pounds due to nausea..blech.

Are you getting enough protein? It seemed like my body needed huge amounts of it then. (I would wake up at 3AM NEEDING a spoon of peanut butter, and I couldn't get enough red meat..lol.)

It won't be too much longer!