Menu

nm

Guest inoubliable

yes, puts a whole new meaning to the word "cupcake wars" :lol:

I remember getting sucked in when I was doing a search on... something.. can't remember what now - but the thread titleds something like: "someone on the WTM boards is famous" popped up. I kept reading thinking someone would finally reveal who it was.... but Noooooo.

I've tried to read that thread a few times, but can never seem to get through it. I remember reading the first post on that thread before there were any replies to it and just thinking "Wow. Huh. Someone is unhappy." then closing that window. I did not ever dream that it would turn into the epic adventure in online forumdom that it did.

Yes. That's right. Someone, and I'm not going back to find out who, asked about the cupcake thing. And then someone else posted a link. Late last night. And so in bouts of lucidity in between doses of cold medicine and Benadryl, I read it. All of it.

I laughed, I snorted, I laughed so hard that I cried. I woke up DH somewhere around 3:30 am. He now think I am a complete loon. At one point I *know* that I was seconds away from wetting the bed from laughing so hard.

In the end, I can't stop giggling over someone's post with a baby bird and a certain phrase. I also wouldn't turn down a red velvet cupcake. DH has been informed of this.

This has been the Best Sick Day Ever.

:hurray:

Some of you people terrify me. :laugh:

That would be me!

After they closed that thread (only because it was getting too big), several new threads were opened about it, including one where you could proudly sign the list of folks who got all the way through. That thread (as well as all the other contemporaneous cupcake threads) was deleted/locked before I got a chance to post.

We were trying to make it the thread with the most comments ever. We got very close!

That was so fun. I hate to think how many deadlines I missed over cupcakes I wasn't even eating.

Wow -- I read the whole thread, but that was because I was reading it as it was happening -- I can't imagine reading the whole thing from start to finish all at once! :)

Me, too. And I only caught up (having fallen asleep) because they locked it.

Honestly, there were some points in there that I wondered if we all weren't jacked up on cold medicine or something. It must have been a full moon.