Menu

Looking for stocking stuffer ideas for boys

Ghee

I can always think of a ton of stuff to put in dd's stocking, but it's hard for me to find things for the boys. I have their individual items, things that are inside jokes with us (walrus items for Ods, zum soap for yds, etc), but its the fillers. For dd there are always lip glosses, nail polishes, hair bands, $1 lotions from bath and bodyworks ... what about boys? Especially the teen boys. Ugh. YDS likes playmobil people or minifigs, or hotwheels... it's ods who is stumping me the most.

DH (yes, hubby) still gets a Hot Wheel in his stocking every Christmas. Maybe establish some type of similar tradition that is one of his favorites from childhood. All our kids (boys & girls) get a Hot Wheel and a LEGO mini-fig. DS also gets a jar of olives; he loves 'em.

For a teen, small gadget things like a flashlight, ear buds, etc. iTunes gift card, small men's cologne, men's body care items (DS loves Axe)small tools. Is he driving yet? Maybe car related stuff: gas gift card, key chain, tire gauge, or other car gadgets?

Someone last year suggested Pringles and soda (single cans). My kids were thrilled to have their own personal can of Pringles.

Mine still wants Hot Wheels cars. We also usually include toothbrushes, body wash, etc.

I also put out the mini boxes of cereal with stockings (Santa leaves your stocking on the end of your bed so you have something to open if everyone else is still asleep) so that there's something semi-breakfasty to have while everyone is waking up.

12 year old DS just said, "Nerds candy, twizzlers, fun cereal, those little Lego sets." I think I got the boys some cheesy "science thing" from the stocking bins at Target. One ended up with that tube to hold the Mentos that drop into the diet soda.

Oh, and I usually end up getting one $5 gift card somewhere (Jamba Juice, ice cream, Starbucks, whatever) so that they can get something without complaint from me.

my boys no longer want to eat a lot of candy.

But gum is good.

Beef jerky

Lip balm

Hobby oriented things (rosin for the violin player, sweat bands for the tennis player)

Those hand warmer packets you put in pockets on cold days

Gloves

Good pens and a good mechanical pencil

Itunes card

Star Wars Lego keychains were a big hit here last year, as was a jar of Nutella. Might do a Lord of the Rings keychain this year.

Other popular items:

beef jerky

flash drive

Foxtrot day-by-day calendar

DVD (usually used)

In hindsight I wished I had started tucking tools into those stockings starting in the early teen years.