Menu

KY earthquake

Anyone else feel it?

I'm in Tennessee. 2 of my girls and I were standing in the kitchen when my whole house rattled. My other dd was laying on the couch and said it felt like the house "rippled". Actually saw the dog's water dish sloshing around. I called my dh who was less than a 1/4 mile a way and he didn't feel a thing.

I don't wish for more, but it was kind of cool since I've never felt one before :)

I live in WV and while many of my friends felt the earthquake, I didn't. My BFF said that she could actually feel things clattering around in her house! She called me, convinced that there had been an earthquake. She was so disappointed when I said I'd didn't feel anything (she thought she was going crazy!:lol:)

Two weeks ago we felt a 7.8 earthquake that was centered a couple of hundred kilometres away from us. Our house shook. We took cover. It was quite unnerving. Fortunately we live in a low density area and the centre of the earthquake even more sparsely populated so no deaths or injuries. In fact the biggest casualty of the quake was the disappearance of a hot springs (very close to epicentre.