Menu

Pinto beans are soaking in the crock pot and an update on my interview and life......

I managed to snag 3 boxes of O Organics frozen brown rice on clearance @ Randalls for $2.00 each. There are 3 10 oz packages in each.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTntWSxnELkD4lNuaUsN6VbOTyLNtyjT8E12czQHfUH8IPlaOj4huKccAMuCw

I have pinto beans soaking in the crockpot for cooking tomorrow and planning for the week.

We were blessed with some temporary food help, so the kids have cereal and meal components for the week.

Adrian is not doing well; he is operating at about a 10 to 12 year old level. I can't describe how hard this is. He's trying to figure out ways out of the nursing home, things like arranging with a local halfway house/mission to be there "help out" in exchange for a place to stay. He doesn't "get" how that is not an appropriate or manageable plan. There is more, but it's just too sad and I don't want to completely expose him in that way. On the bright side, he did arrange to have a Pastor near him pick him up for a church event tonight and he's making arrangements for a ride to church on Sundays. He anticipates liking the church. This would be a good thing for him.

I'm not terribly fond of my main job. I LOVE the job role and clients. It's some other stuff I am not so keen on. My on site supervisor was fired Thursday, adding to the ick. I am stepping somewhat into his role in the interim. My schedule has shifted to all nights. (Ok since I teach early mornings M, W, F and go to my job @ my kids school after that.)

I had an interview a week ago. It was for a job I would like. I posted about it. It is an hour away. I am up against some serious competition, and they are from U of H, which is a more attractive institution. The decider was on vacation last week and is making a decision this week coming up. The job would be 50% administrative/supervisory and 50% clinical/client contact. I'd have a supervisory role to 2 people (one LCDC intern and one student).

I have other resumes out, also.

Thanks for the update, Joanne. I pray for you and Adrian.

I am so very, very sorry for Adrian. It was absolutely the hardest thing I have faced as an adult when my aunt became brain-damaged as a result of a brain tumor. Seeing the difficulties and the changes while still also seeing and knowing the real person "inside" is awful. I am so sorry for you both as you walk this road. :grouphug: