Menu

Exercise Thread ~ 10/7-10/13

I did a cardio pilates dvd from the library. It was beginner level so it didn't really give me a "work" out.

As for the barre dvds, all the ones I have I just use a chair. My chairs have rounded backs. In none of my dvds so far have I had to put my leg up on the back of the chair. The chair has been used to hang on to for support. I haven't had a problem.

Monday: JM No More Trouble Zones - the whole thing! Yea! With 8-lb weights (except for the first circuit where I can only do 5s). First time I have done the entire thing since my surgery and the move! Woo-hoo!!

Sadly, tomorrow has to be a pretty light day b/c of an appointment in the morning.

I plan to have a pretty solid week this week, but won't be able to next week. :tongue_smilie: It's always somethin'!!

Same - ab work, triceps stuff, any move that doesn't involve much leg work.

Negin, you really injured your leg good didn't you?

Yes. It is getting better, but I probably have at least 5 more weeks to go, I think. Hopefully less, but the way it's injured, I'm not so sure. :glare:

sorry :( Hope you heal more quickly than you anticipate.

Thank you. :grouphug: I hope so also.

This week is week 4 of P90X, so..

Monday: slept in, baby up all night

Tuesday: Yoga

Wednesday: Core synergistics

Today: X stretch :confused: i got bored about 15 min. in and quit

I'm glad this is a light week. I'm still getting over being sick.

Thursday-Five mile run on the flat today.

My first 10K is coming up mid-November.

Ended up being 1 mile on the treadmill, and then it quit raining so I ran 4.5 miles outside. Found something out about when and where I like to run. Or as the DH would say, "The old gray mare likes the slop."

Of course my shoes and ankles are now a muddy mess...

Friday-rest day

Edited by Critterfixer

Started JM Body Revolution Monday. Doing the 7 day kickstart...we'll see how it goes :D

Keep us posted!

Wednesday - nothing

Thursday - Jackie Warner's Power Circuit Training

I just couldn't make myself do anything yesterday. Dh is out of town, so I am not sleeping well. I have bible study on Wednesdays which necessitates my exercising as soon as I get up (before eating). This was my M.O. when we homeschooled, but I find it really hard now. So, I skipped yesterday. Couldn't believe how great my workout was today! Felt great and got through it with lots of energy. I am wondering if a day off in the middle of the week might be a good idea. I am trying for five days a week. I had hoped to take both Saturday and Sunday off, but maybe I should take off Wednesday or Thursday. Any thoughts?

Today’s

1.846 miles

4.0 sustained that speed for 15 minutes

246 calories burned (I burned off my entire breakfast)

179.0 weight

1.5 pounds to lose to reach goal on the 19th

I'm considering doing the JM Yoga from H3ll video this evening.

Yesterday's stats

Similar to today's but I didn't get the numbers off the treadmill before pulling the emergency stop cord. I also did a 1.5 hour yoga class.

I am wondering if a day off in the middle of the week might be a good idea. I am trying for five days a week. I had hoped to take both Saturday and Sunday off, but maybe I should take off Wednesday or Thursday. Any thoughts?

I actually just take a day off when I need to. Kind of like how I plan our breaks with home schooling. :) For example I took yesterday off. I always take the first day (sometimes two) of my period off.

I still manage to get 5-6 days a week without preplanning my rest day.

I'm just not a planner.

I also did a 1.5 hour yoga class.

Cool. That's a nice stretch of yoga.

I started Insanity Week 4 today. I wouldn't have gotten this far if it weren't for LG.:D

Get it up. :D

I ran this morning. Again, no clue how far. I just stop when I run out of time.

Fri: 30 min swim

Sat: 5 mile pace/faster run

Tomorrow is my first twenty miler of this marathon cycle. Very nervous!

Good luck! My dh did twenty miles the last two Saturdays. Only did 9 or 10 today. His next marathon (will be his sixth) is the Sunday before Thanksgiving. When is yours? He is a bit ahead of schedule.

Today (sat) I did 60 mins on the nordic track. I did that a few times this week. DH was out every evening this week, so my exercise plan was seriously messed with. I hate that.

Stupid parenting, getting in the way of exercising!

:lol:

But, no barre and no yoga. Yuck.

Lets hope next week is better!