Menu

What is your 8-10 yr old boy going to be for Halloween?

DS has been saying he's not going to dress up this year. I've made suggestions but he doesn't like any of them, and he says he feels like he's getting too old for it. I told him that teenagers and even many adults dress up, but he's just not into it this time.

I just asked him one more time... he said he's going as a 9 year old boy who isn't wearing anything special. ;)

Yet another ninja. There is a lot of ninja love in the neighborhood this year.

Last year, ds went as Sensei Wu from Ninjago and I was like, no way will he be recognized. Instead, every 6-10 yo boy who passed him was like, "Hey, it's Sensei Wu!" and he met several other Ninjago ninjas. Sounds like the ninja love continues.

My 8 yo is going to be Pikachu. His heart was set on either a MC creeper or Kick Buttowski, but we couldn't find those costumes to buy & sadly for my ds, he did not get the right mom for costume-making. It must come in a plastic bag or you must do it yourself. We can't all be supermom right :)? So he found Pikachu & is pretty happy.

My 9 yo is going as Hawkeye & he is extremely happy.

Both were $15.00 at Party City last night & I am happy. See how the little plastic bag spreads so much happiness????

Edited by us4jones
punctuation

• 2 years later...
Guest CharlesEnnis

Both my son and daughter want to be indians for this halloween, so I have a question, do you think it would be wrong to give headdress to them, or just too much? Or perhaps contrary to many people it is okay?

My 9 year old ds was going to be Calvin Coolidge because "everyone's heard of Abe Lincoln and George Washington, but no one even knows who Coolidge was." :confused: He doesn't even like Coolidge, he just hates that Lincoln and Washington get all the historical love and no one knows the names of the vast majority of past presidents. Despite my history degree, I had to Google "Calvin Coolidge" to even remember from what century he was.

Luckily, I talked him into being something a little more doable. He is now going as a farmer. He went as a well-dressed zombie last year.

I love this!!

Last year, my boys were both Harry Potter and we were able to borrow costumes from friends.  The year before, they were Mario and Luigi.

Both my son and daughter want to be indians for this halloween, so I have a question, do you think it would be wrong to give headdress to them, or just too much? Or perhaps contrary to many people it is okay?

Hi. Interesting first post.

Like many other people, I would suggest that a culture is not a costume and that you might consider talking to them about not dressing up as Indians at all.

This thread is old. Maybe you can post on the chat board and we can get to know you a little and you could pose your question there for people to discuss.

• Like 4

My 9 year old ds was going to be Calvin Coolidge because "everyone's heard of Abe Lincoln and George Washington, but no one even knows who Coolidge was." :confused: He doesn't even like Coolidge, he just hates that Lincoln and Washington get all the historical love and no one knows the names of the vast majority of past presidents. Despite my history degree, I had to Google "Calvin Coolidge" to even remember from what century he was.

Luckily, I talked him into being something a little more doable. He is now going as a farmer. He went as a well-dressed zombie last year.

This is awesome!  I think I am nerdy enough to aspire to educate folks as we trick-or-treat!  I wonder if I can convince all three to be obscure historical figures...

Last year ODS wanted to be...a stump.  After all the agonizing he went through to decide, I went with it.  I rolled cardboard around him for his stump, created a lid for the top with rings, cut eye holes, added a couple twigs and attached some cardboard roots...  It was hard to walk in and my sister said he probably got more candy because people felt bad that his mom had just rolled him up in cardboard when everyone else had their storebought finery, but he was delighted.  And hilarious.

• Like 2

I love that costumes are so much fun we have resurrected a 3 year old thread and are talking about Halloween in August. :D

I totally didn't look at the date when I replied.  Oops.  But my DS has been talking about Halloween for months already (it's one of his favorite holidays) so it does not seem weird to me at all, heh.

I love that costumes are so much fun we have resurrected a 3 year old thread and are talking about Halloween in August. :D

I totally didn't look at the date when I replied.  Oops.  But my DS has been talking about Halloween for months already (it's one of his favorite holidays) so it does not seem weird to me at all, heh.