Menu

What is your 8-10 yr old boy going to be for Halloween?

As ds gets older, it seems to get more complicated. This year he is really into Pokemon and would really like to dress as one of his favorite characters (not sure which). I don't sew and I can't even begin to imagine how I would make a Pokemon costume. I thought I would come up with some other ideas for him...something that I could easily put together or even purchase.

Thanks!

My 9 year old ds was going to be Calvin Coolidge because "everyone's heard of Abe Lincoln and George Washington, but no one even knows who Coolidge was." :confused: He doesn't even like Coolidge, he just hates that Lincoln and Washington get all the historical love and no one knows the names of the vast majority of past presidents. Despite my history degree, I had to Google "Calvin Coolidge" to even remember from what century he was.

Luckily, I talked him into being something a little more doable. He is now going as a farmer. He went as a well-dressed zombie last year.

• Like 1

DS is going as Chop Chop from Skylanders. I'm rather surprised he didn't choose Pikachu but I'm thinking he doesn't realize there are Pikachu costumes, lol.

I know I saw Pikachu online at Walmart and some of the costume websites

http://www.costumesupercenter.com/boys+costumes-tv+and+movie/R884779-boys-deluxe-pokemon-pikachu-costume.html?code=googlepla&s_kwcid=PTC!{ifpe:pe}{ifpla:pla}!{keyword}!{matchtype}!{adwords_producttargetid}!{network}!{ifmobile:M}!{creative}&CAWELAID=1563931110&catargetid=1546075855&%22cagpspn=pla%22&gclid=CObUuO-v5rICFQmpnQodmHgAFQ

It's a toss up between Iron Man, Captain America, and Hawkeye. I'm hoping for Hawkeye because it's the easiest to piece together myself. On another note, my dd6 wants to be, as she calls it, She-Hulk. She'll be The Hulk with a big bow in her hair. :tongue_smilie:

• Like 1

It's a toss up between Iron Man, Captain America, and Hawkeye. I'm hoping for Hawkeye because it's the easiest to piece together myself. On another note, my dd6 wants to be, as she calls it, She-Hulk. She'll be The Hulk with a big bow in her hair. :tongue_smilie:

She-Hulk :lol: I love it!

Ds was a dog one year at this age when his ds was Dorothy and then it was a Jedi .

My son is going as Charlie brown. At first I didn't think he'd go for it because we tease him and call him chuck since he runs after a football throw with his arms out and head up to the sky (hes actually a really good football player). But he kind of giggled when I suggested it, then got indignant that I was teasing him, but when I told him he has the perfect big round head for me to shave his head and paint the curl on his forehead, make the shirt and be done, he agreed. Lol

My dss love to put together their own costume. Some of the things they have been in the past

farmer - overalls

cowboy - jeans, cowboy boots, cowboy hat

skateboarder - jeans, "cool" shirt, knee & elbow pads, skate helmet, carry skateboard

hunter - camo

old man - sports coat, clip on tie, glasses (lens poked out), can, old man cap

They like to go to Goodwill and look around for ideas/clothes.

DS is just going to be 7, but he's going to be Indiana Jones.

My 9 year old ds was going to be Calvin Coolidge because "everyone's heard of Abe Lincoln and George Washington, but no one even knows who Coolidge was." :confused: He doesn't even like Coolidge, he just hates that Lincoln and Washington get all the historical love and no one knows the names of the vast majority of past presidents. Despite my history degree, I had to Google "Calvin Coolidge" to even remember from what century he was.

Luckily, I talked him into being something a little more doable. He is now going as a farmer. He went as a well-dressed zombie last year.

:lol::lol::lol:

DS is 8, and until last week he planned to be the Man in the Yellow Hat, with his toddler sister as Curious George.

Or possibly Peter Pan, and she would be Tinker Bell. :)

Alas, he's now decided to be a zombie. 3 of his friends will be zombies too, so we will have a small herd of the undead.

He did suggest that DH fill in as Peter Pan, so DD can still be Tinker Bell. I texted that to DH while he was having lunch with his CEO, and told him I was looking forward to seeing him in green tights. DH nearly spit out his coffee. :P

Ds says he wants to be an alien that was transmorgrified (A Calvin and Hobbes reference I guess?) to look like a regular kid. Therefore he will just look like himself and not need a costume. I'm not sure he is really going to enjoy explaining that to every person who asks, "Where's your costume?" (Sigh).

As ds gets older, it seems to get more complicated. This year he is really into Pokemon and would really like to dress as one of his favorite characters (not sure which). I don't sew and I can't even begin to imagine how I would make a Pokemon costume. I thought I would come up with some other ideas for him...something that I could easily put together or even purchase.

Thanks!

We made an Ash Ketchum costume one year... It wasn't that hard. Baseball hat, red and white, sweatshirt with sleeves cut off, fingerless gloves. I velcroed a small Pikachu to one shoulder.

This year, DS9 and DS11 are discussing being the black and green knights from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. My husband offered to be the balladeer or the coconut guy, but that got eye rolls.

Ds started with wanting to be a Pokemon but seems set on being a creeper (Minecraft) now. I plan to use paint sample cards to make a pixelated looking head out of a box, then stamp paint a set of sweats.

DD originally wanted to be a zombie but now wants to be a ninja. I'm going to order an inexpensive gi and dye it pink and a ski mask.

Around that age one of mine went as a barrel of toxic waste. I had to make it but it was a unique costume that people loved seeing.

Mine have also gone as Star Wars characters and one year the three kids dressed up as Lord of the Rings characters--Frodo, Gandalf, and Galadriel.

I also found this one:

http://www.spirithalloween.com/product/Pokemon-Pikachu-Deluxe-Child-Costume1/

If you're interested in this one, I think you will get a 20%-off coupon if you sign up for the Spirit Halloween mailing list.

Thanks so much, Cat, but I think I didn't do a great job of getting across what I meant. I meant to say that most of the costumes that I can find are Pikachu, but that is not the Pokemon that he wants to be.

This year he is really into Pokemon and would really like to dress as one of his favorite characters (not sure which). I don't sew and I can't even begin to imagine how I would make a Pokemon costume.

Thanks!

You can often do a lot with a free online pattern using felt, hot glue, and duct tape.

DS is 8, and until last week he planned to be the Man in the Yellow Hat, with his toddler sister as Curious George.

Or possibly Peter Pan, and she would be Tinker Bell. :)

Alas, he's now decided to be a zombie. 3 of his friends will be zombies too, so we will have a small herd of the undead.

He did suggest that DH fill in as Peter Pan, so DD can still be Tinker Bell. I texted that to DH while he was having lunch with his CEO, and told him I was looking forward to seeing him in green tights. DH nearly spit out his coffee. :P

DS was the Man in the Yellow Hat last year and it was adorable! He won the city costume contest.

When my DH and I were dating, I convinced him to dress up as Peter Pan for a "famous couples" banquet but he insisted he would not wear tights. Green sweatpants worked well instead.:001_smile: I bought a green polo shirt at the thrift store and fringed the sleeves/bottom edge. I went as Wendy and had to explain to 3 Tinker Bells that Wendy and Peter were really the couple. I told them to re-watch the movie and they'd see that Tinker Bell was the jealous outsider!:D

• Like 1