Menu

My crockpot broke.

lynn

I don't know if they still sell it but Hamilton Beach has a 3-in-1 crock pot that we have and use a lot. It has the typical base and glass lid and it comes with three different crocks: 2 quart, 4 qt, and 6 qt. You use the one that fits the recipe best. The crocks stack in each other for storage.

The one I have is boring looking, a white base with three white crocks. I've seen more current ones. One had all black crocks in a silver base (I think...). Another had three different colored crocks (blue, green, salmon or something like that).

I plan to get a programmable crockpot when my current one dies. I have looked at this one, which seems reasonable. I actually saw it on sale at Walmart recently for $40, but I can't justify buying it when my only 3 year old crock is still going strong.

I have this one and really like it. I wish it had a pre-timer though (like my coffee pot). I'd love to be able to leave the house at 8 am and program it to start for me at noon! :lol:

I plan to get a programmable crockpot when my current one dies. I have looked at this one, which seems reasonable. I actually saw it on sale at Walmart recently for $40, but I can't justify buying it when my only 3 year old crock is still going strong.

I have this one and like it too.

I have this one - it works GREAT!! If it ever dies I am buying it again. We are a family of 6, tho, so I like to cook large portions. I have a smaller crock pot for things like oatmeal, gravy, etc.

I have this one and LOVE it!

I have this one.

I also have this book, which is GREAT for recipes.

I have this one too (yes, I have an embarrassing number of slow cookers). It was great for vegetarian meals but turned meat into shoe leather or cardboard. Completely frozen chicken breast could go from frozen to bone dry in less than 6 hrs on low. Not so good when you need to put food in first thing in the morning for dinner later that night.

I have this one and really like it. I wish it had a pre-timer though (like my coffee pot). I'd love to be able to leave the house at 8 am and program it to start for me at noon! :lol:

Well, the reason manufacturers shy away from this is that it's not usually a good idea to leave food at room temp for four hours before cooking. Even frozen food. You really need to spend no less than two hours traversing the "danger zone" of 40 F to 140 F.

Not to be a spoilsport or anything.

Would you be okay with something programmable that would start cooking within two hours of taking the food out of the frig, cooking it, and then holding it on a warm setting until it's time to eat?

I don't know if they still sell it but Hamilton Beach has a 3-in-1 crock pot that we have and use a lot. It has the typical base and glass lid and it comes with three different crocks: 2 quart, 4 qt, and 6 qt. You use the one that fits the recipe best. The crocks stack in each other for storage.

The one I have is boring looking, a white base with three white crocks. I've seen more current ones. One had all black crocks in a silver base (I think...). Another had three different colored crocks (blue, green, salmon or something like that).

I have this one with a silver base and black inserts. Love it!

I bought mine at BBnB with a 20% off coupon.