Menu

Anyone with a Kia Sedona?

We have one. We got it 5 years ago and have been very pleased. We aren’t big “car” people meaning we don’t particularly care about the amenities or how it looks. We were looking for reliable and reasonably priced. I haven’t found it to be flimsy, it’s held up fine with three young kids. We’ve had no major repairs and are just coming up to about 75K.

We had one for about five years. It worked just fine for us - no major problems at all with it. Reliable.

It didn't have many of the bells and whistles, and after we had it for several years I wished for auto door opener, especially when youngest DS was in carseat. But that was probably 7 or 8 years ago, so I imagine things have changed.

We liked it. Had no problems with it, and it rode well on long trips. :)

We bought a used 2006 when our beloved rio died. It is an absolute lemon. Awful, awful vehicle. We just purchased a 2006 chev silverado with extended cab for work and it's makes the van seem even worse. Once all the seats are in the van, there's very little room left. It only fits 2 across the center seat. It feels flimsy and unsafe in comparison to our truck. As soon as we can afford a new personal use vehicle, the van is going.

We have one. We got it 5 years ago and have been very pleased. We aren’t big “car†people meaning we don’t particularly care about the amenities or how it looks. We were looking for reliable and reasonably priced. I haven’t found it to be flimsy, it’s held up fine with three young kids. We’ve had no major repairs and are just coming up to about 75K.

:iagree: We've had one about 15 months. We've driven it cross country and have had exactly zero problems with it. It's not a fancy vehicle, but it's reliable and safe and gets the job done. :001_smile:

We have a Kia Sedona, the only problems we have had are with the "Flimsy" bits. The door handles all have broken at some point or another (inside and out). A bolt on one of the rear seats snapped, one where the seats fold down at. The cost of fixing the little stuff was costlier than I think it should've been.

We really liked the Sedona until things started breaking. The mechanics work great, and it runs well otherwise. I'm not sure if my family is just harder on stuff (possible) or if it really is flimsy.

It isn't fun only being able to open a car door from the outside (by rolling down a window if you are inside the vehicle) when it is pouring rain out.

We have a 2006 with 120K miles on it (owned it for 5 years now), and we have had no problems with it at all. Compared to minivans that friends own, it has held up much better than others...barring a couple of stains, it looks almost brand-new inside (and we have taken numerous cross-country trips with small children). Nothing in the interior is falling apart or feels flimsy. The engine still runs perfectly; we have had no major repairs. Size-wise, we think it is perfect. We have taken many trips with four adults and three children and it is very roomy and comfortable.

The only negatives about our vehicle that I have found are that if the windows on the sliding doors are rolled down the doors won't latch open (weird, I know :confused:) and the van goes through tires awfully fast. Thankfully Discount Tire will prorate the price of new tires according to how long the last set of tires they put on actually lasted (60,000 mile tires will only last about 40,000 miles), so we aren't going broke because of it.

My husband recently asked me what vehicle I would buy if we won the lottery and I could buy a brand new vehicle. I said that if he forced me to give up my Sedona and buy a new vehicle, I would buy a new Sedona. I like it that much.

2006 model, 130,000 miles. Only problem has been a...something?... in the automatic door that has had to be replaced twice. Once it broke because the door was frozen shut (I didn't know), and I pushed the button to open the door. The only other problems have been caused by a deer and a raccoon that decided they wanted to die. The milage is not nearly as good as when the car was new. The first few years I was getting 28mpg as an average. Now interstate is around 24; in town 18. I have had to replace the battery. That is it! Just read the poster above me's post...I also have gone through tires awfully quickly. However, this last set of 4 I discussed the problem with my tire place, and they recommended that I try a different tire. It doesn't ride as well, but it is holding up!

Edited by Lolly

I really like the Sedona! I own a Sienna, but when we rent cars (like when we fly to my IL's), I always try to get a Sedona. For some reason, rental places seem to have Sedonas or the Chrysler. The Sedona is roomy, drives well, and I would consider one (along with the Sienna and Odyssey) when we replace our Sienna some day.

We have had a Sedona for 14 months now and I adore it. It is roomy (I have 5 children, including a nearly 6-foot, 160 lb. 15 year old and one still in a carseat, so roomy is necessary.) The warranty is stellar, gas mileage is very decent (24.3 mpg combined), interior has held up very well. We did 2 huge road trips this past year...L.A. to Boston and back, and L.A. to TN and back. Everything held up great.

My only con is that the arm rests are a little flimsy. But it hasn't been a problem.

I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

We have had ours for about 15 mos, and I am very pleased.

We bought it new last June (so, that makes it a 2012, as they'd just come out), and we have put over 40k miles on it (yes, you read that right!), and it's great.

I think it is completely comparable to the $$$$35k+ Toyota Siena we replaced, but an easy 10k cheaper. Size and feature are comparable.

We got the base model, and it still comes with bluetooth phone, mp3 input, sat. radio, etc. It's totally sweet. :)

I did NOT want auto-doors on the Kia b/c those were a real PITA (and extremely expensive to fix) on the Siena, but if you upgraded to the lux model for just a couple k, you'd get those.

We're happy so far. No repairs, no issues, no problems. Billions of miles, lol.

Time will tell if it lasts well, but the last two vans I had I bought for "reliability" and neither went past 120k miles or 6 years, so this time I went cheap. (Sort of the same evolution I've done with vacuums, lol.)