Menu

I miss my parents....

So some people may remember the hoopla that happened several months ago with my parents. Simplified version: My dad has health issues. He has become more and more depressed. He did some stupid things including reconnecting (not physically) with an old girlfriend. He considered leaving my mom so she could get on with her life without him as a burden. They stuck it out...so far.

The just simply are not the same people. He is more depressed than ever now because he has guilt in his way also. He simply cannot get a handle on things. And my mom is just NOT the same person. We don't talk very much at all and when we do, it just isn't right. I sent her pics of the kids and she didn't respond at all even. She is stressed out and overwhelmed all the time. She is sad, angry, scared, worried....she's miserable.

I just don't know that there is anything I can do to help them. But they are shells of the vibrant, active, happy people I've known all my life.

I miss my parents :(

:grouphug::grouphug: Don't give up hope.

My mom was mentally ill for several years. I remember saying the same thing. I want my mom back. She ruined all her friendships, her marriage, almost herself. Long story short, we got her back. I am thankful every day that I have her back. I don't take it for granted. I just wanted to tell you my story to give you hope that you could get your parents back, too.

More :grouphug::grouphug:

Thanks y'all.

I know my dad went to therapy a couple times. THe first time, the therapist told him he was going to hell. The fact that he even tried another therapist after that is good, imo. But I don't think he stuck with it. I don't think my mom has gone. I wonder if she could understand why if I suggested it...

I just wish they could hold a conversation, enjoy the children, anything. It is amazing to me how they seem to have lost so incredibly much in such a short time. I do hope they can heal in time.