Menu

I'm tired. It is hot. I can't go home yet.

OMGoodness Chucki! Were you in MY town today? Were you at Mass at my parish? ACK! I feel like I have been blessed by celebrity. How long will you be here?

But really woman, it wasn't THAT hot. It only reached 92 and there is AC everywhere. It's not like you had to shovel snow or something.

OMGoodness Chucki! Were you in MY town today? Were you at Mass at my parish? ACK! I feel like I have been blessed by celebrity. How long will you be here?

But really woman, it wasn't THAT hot. It only reached 92 and there is AC everywhere. It's not like you had to shovel snow or something.

Yes, were there. We went to mass at St. Columba. Did you go go? We were the three people who sat up front and wondered if the homily was given by Jeff Foxworthy.

We will be close by for about a week.

Yes, it was hot. Still is. As I keep telling everyone it was 64* when we left ME. And I like shoveling snow. LOL

That is pretty much it.

I did think my brain was going to melt in the middle of downtown Dothan, AL this afternoon. It was 64*F when I left Maine. I think it is 164*F here. Even my summer clothes are too hot to wear.

Dd asked, "How do people live in this heat?"

We stay inside with the AC!;) I live in south Alabama & you won't see me outside again until October!:D

Yes, were there. We went to mass at St. Columba. Did you go go? We were the three people who sat up front and wondered if the homily was given by Jeff Foxworthy.

We will be close by for about a week.

Yes, it was hot. Still is. As I keep telling everyone it was 64* when we left ME. And I like shoveling snow. LOL

We sat about two-three rows behind you. I was the harried looking, plump semi-blond with two small blond children. I know exactly who you are since they started that mildly scary practice of asking visitors to stand. And as you likely figured out, St. Columba is the only Catholic church in town. We all go. :)

We normally sit on the other side, but my daughter decided she wanted to sit on the side where Fr. gives communion yesterday. I didn't realize how much it would freak them out. She received the blessing then forgot what to do next, turned around and fought upstream to go back to our seat. Meanwhile my son decided he didn't want a blessing from Fr. and clung to my legs from the back while I was trying to get the host into my mouth without dropping it. That was us.

Jeff was our Deacon, and he can be quite folksy. You can thank your lucky stars he didn't bring his guitar and sing. (I should note he can sing well.) I thought yesterday was one of his better ones, but I admit that with the kids I miss a lot. I am also used to his jokes, but I much prefer Fr. in the homily department. You can also be thankful that our absent minded, mid-80s priest in residence wasn't delivering the homily yesterday. He forgets what he was saying -- like every few minutes -- and you never leave one of his homilies without knowing that God is madly in love with you. In fact you usually know it about six times a homily. But he is a dear.

And yep, like the others we really just stay inside from the end of May until the end of September -- just like you guys do in the winter. If we go out we swim -- either really early or really late, and we have been known to go to the park at 7:30AM. Today we will be in the pool all afternoon.

Would love to meet up and swap conversion stories if you have time this week. We are happy to meet anywhere with a play place during school hours. That way I can talk. :D

We sat about two-three rows behind you. I was the harried looking, plump semi-blond with two small blond children. I know exactly who you are since they started that mildly scary practice of asking visitors to stand. And as you likely figured out, St. Columba is the only Catholic church in town. We all go. :)

We normally sit on the other side, but my daughter decided she wanted to sit on the side where Fr. gives communion yesterday. I didn't realize how much it would freak them out. She received the blessing then forgot what to do next, turned around and fought upstream to go back to our seat. Meanwhile my son decided he didn't want a blessing from Fr. and clung to my legs from the back while I was trying to get the host into my mouth without dropping it. That was us.

Jeff was our Deacon, and he can be quite folksy. You can thank your lucky stars he didn't bring his guitar and sing. (I should note he can sing well.) I thought yesterday was one of his better ones, but I admit that with the kids I miss a lot. I am also used to his jokes, but I much prefer Fr. in the homily department. You can also be thankful that our absent minded, mid-80s priest in residence wasn't delivering the homily yesterday. He forgets what he was saying -- like every few minutes -- and you never leave one of his homilies without knowing that God is madly in love with you. In fact you usually know it about six times a homily. But he is a dear.

And yep, like the others we really just stay inside from the end of May until the end of September -- just like you guys do in the winter. If we go out we swim -- either really early or really late, and we have been known to go to the park at 7:30AM. Today we will be in the pool all afternoon.

Would love to meet up and swap conversion stories if you have time this week. We are happy to meet anywhere with a play place during school hours. That way I can talk. :D

Cool that we were all at mass at the same time. I didn't notice anyone during Eucharist because I was trying to live down the humiliation of the sloped floor letting me down. It is difficult to genuflect when you knee is lower than your foot. I had to grab dd so I didn't fall on my face before fr.

And, yes. That is a kind of.... um... "different" greeting for visitors. We do enjoy the prayer cards though.

We are getting ready to go back to Dothan to do some shopping. We will be at Wiregrass Commons within the hour. If you happen to go out and see the miserably hot people, give a wave.

Oops, I'm being chastised for holding up progress. More later.

Sorry about the floor. :grouphug: I do think the greeting should be rewritten to say, "We would love to give you a prayer card of our patron saint, if you would please stand so the ushers know who you are." As it is there is that split second there when you are not sure why you are standing, and I think it adds to the apprehension.

Hope you enjoy our sad little mall. I never go. We are at my mom's in Geneva today, so won't be about.