Menu

This may be political... but I am laughing!

Playing devil's advocate -

There was a time when conventions held surprises; when we would actually find out something we didn't know. Back room deals really did happen, and we weren't always sure who would be nominated. Even if we did know the nominee, we might not know who would be the VP choice. The platform was often ironed out at the convention, not before. Add to all of that, you couldn't just go online and see what you missed. If you didn't see it live or see a clip on the news, all that was left was to read about it in the newspaper.

Contrast that with today - We know the nominee and VP. We know the platform. We can watch online the next day, or even the next week. No surprises. No last minute nominees. No "watch it now or miss it forever".

NOT POLITCAL (I make no comment on what was said, just the performance):

I thought this was going to be about Clint Eastwood's, um, performance. I get what he was trying to do, but I was only half paying attention at first and I thought he was senile at first. I don't think it came off very well what with his slow rate of speech and his age. And the talking to an empty chair. It was just kind of creepy to watch.

I did not know either. I googled and watched some YouTube clips arrgh...now I am sad. Who watchs that?

Apparently more people than are watching the convention. Even though I posted upthread why people might not be watching the convention, I still think it's sad that Honey Boo Boo is getting better ratings.

Apparently more people than are watching the convention. Even though I posted upthread why people might not be watching the convention, I still think it's sad that Honey Boo Boo is getting better ratings.

Do the ratings numbers catch the people who watched live online? I watched most of the convention on my computer. Fox News had all of it live and CNN had most, if not all. Let's hope that when you add in those numbers it would beat Honey.

NOT POLITCAL (I make no comment on what was said, just the performance):

I thought this was going to be about Clint Eastwood's, um, performance. I get what he was trying to do, but I was only half paying attention at first and I thought he was senile at first. I don't think it came off very well what with his slow rate of speech and his age. And the talking to an empty chair. It was just kind of creepy to watch.

I thought so too! LOL! I just knew this was about the Eastwood speech.

Do the ratings numbers catch the people who watched live online? I watched most of the convention on my computer. Fox News had all of it live and CNN had most, if not all. Let's hope that when you add in those numbers it would beat Honey.

I seldom watch things like conventions on TV because I get tired of the commentators talking over whoever is speaking. I watch online cause Dh doesn't like watching those things. If I do watch it's on CSpan.

That being said I think Honey Boo Boo is funny and not as bad as a lot of things on TV. I'd happily watch it rather than these horrible commercials that are promoting horror movies that seem to play all hours.