Menu

Why are jeans so dadgum expensive now??

I buy mine at the thrift store. They always have tons and range anywhere from 2 bucks to 20 depending on the brand. The 20 dollars ones are those super expensive brands that are like 200 dollars new. Crazy! I just take the measurements of a pair of jeans that fit and then measure the ones I like in the thrift store. No complaints. :)

I buy Lee Riders at Walmart for 18-24$. They have 'ankle' length, which is great for me because I am a petite.

However, more than half the time when I go to Walmart looking for those specific jeans they don't have them. I don't go to Walmart very often, maybe three times a year, and often it is just to see if they have the jeans I like. Maybe I will switch to Kohl's.

They also have jeans at LL Bean for around 35$. I don't buy their jeans any more because they stopped making the ones I liked. :confused:

I buy mine at the thrift store. They always have tons and range anywhere from 2 bucks to 20 depending on the brand. The 20 dollars ones are those super expensive brands that are like 200 dollars new. Crazy! I just take the measurements of a pair of jeans that fit and then measure the ones I like in the thrift store. No complaints. :)

I have never been able to find jeans I like at Goodwill. We have stinky thrift stores around here.

I have never been able to find jeans I like at Goodwill. We have stinky thrift stores around here.

Bummer! :( We have lots of good ones where I live. Some are pricier than others but you can always find really good designer clothes there lots of times with tags still on! I buy almost all of our clothes at the thrift store.

I do almost all my clothes shopping at resale shops. Goodwill, Salvation Army, Plato's Closet, numerous local shops. I pay between $5-$15 for expensive brand name jeans.

We have one icky Goodwill. Fully 3/4 of the jeans have large holes in them. I wish we had a Plato's Closet!

:iagree:

I have found them brand new with tags still attached. I recognize my favorites and know just what size will fit without even trying them on.

I go over them with a very sharp eye, though - no rips, stains, or patches worn thin. Even with high standards, I manage to find what I am looking for, not every trip but enough to keep myself in jeans at a reasonable price.

I prefer jeans from the Buckle, but they are $$$$. So, I check eBay and occasionally they have seconds. Usually I can hardly tell what's wrong, but they're half-price or more.

Now if I could just find maternity jeans that don't drive me crazy. Sometimes you gotta get outta the yoga pants, y'know?!