Menu

I'm back!!!

Well, that took longer than I thought it would. And I'm still surrounded by boxes and furniture out of place. I am so tired of this I. Could. Scream.

But we're here, and with an actual working internet connection. (But our server is not yet up, so my blog is still down.)

My house is in a great neighborhood, and is very cute. The kitchen is fabulous. However, the tiny master bedroom, with the tiny closets, and the ... well, at least it exists ... master bathrooms are challenges. It will also be a challenge to manage the new, very tight budget when I'm 10 minutes from every store and restaurant I like most to give money to :lol: I guess I can always just go look ... or smell ...

It will also be a challenge to manage the new, very tight budget when I'm 10 minutes from every store and restaurant I like most to give money to :lol: I guess I can always just go look ... or smell ...

What did you do, move down the street from me? Within 3 miles of my house is Target, Ross, TJ Maxx, Books A Million, Bed Bath and Beyond, Super Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot, Dollar Tree, Outback, RubyTuesday, Salsaritas, Red Lobster, OCharley's, etc.

Yep, budget busters, every last one of them. Gotta go and sell more books :leaving:

Welcome Home!

Yeah, I know all about the "I love that store but I'm broke", my whole world opened up moving back to Savannah! Lol. Sending virtual chocolate your way, you'll need it. One thing at a time, slow and steady. Our dry erase board is full of stuff I wrote out that I still want to get done. Sigh.

Welcome Home!

Yeah, I know all about the "I love that store but I'm broke", my whole world opened up moving back to Savannah! Lol. Sending virtual chocolate your way, you'll need it. One thing at a time, slow and steady. Our dry erase board is full of stuff I wrote out that I still want to get done. Sigh.

How are you guys doing? Have you gotten the boxes out of the way?

Today I got the master bedroom under control - only DH's clothes boxes left. The dining room is the haven - one room, a table, chairs, and nothing else to worry about :) The kitchen needs some rearranging, but everything important is done. The living room furniture is together and arranged, but that room is full of boxes. I may tackle that tomorrow. The office and kids' rooms are disasters! I can't bring myself to fix the office yet, as that is where the curriculum will live, and I just ... can't ... face those boxes yet. Once they're open, I'll start to feel like we should start *using* them.

But every day it gets better ... I can't wait until the unpacking is FINISHED and we can just LIVE in the house.

:hurray:

So glad you're back! I really hope you love your new digs. I can't wait to hear about all the really cool excursions you take!

Now I just have to conquer my fear of driving into DC! Are there any secret tricks I should know?

I cannot wait to take my 7 year old to the zoo. He loves zoos. He is going to go nuts :)

Re: DC driving--park along the Potomac River, or, for the Cherry Blossoms, park at Gravelly Point (where the planes come zooming right over your head!) and walk over the bridge (far, but fun).

Take the Springfield Metro to the zoo and save parking $--pay for the fun metro ride instead! lol

By far my fav piece of advice--Make new friends and hitch rides with them!

Hope you love your new digs

Chris

Welcome to your new home. BTW, I bought the Toddy and I love it. :D

Oh, I'm glad! I made a batch of the concentrate right before the move. I actually took it with me in a cooler in the car, with my rice milk. That way, I never needed to succumb to the lure of Starbucks along the way :D

Well, that took longer than I thought it would. And I'm still surrounded by boxes and furniture out of place. I am so tired of this I. Could. Scream.

But we're here, and with an actual working internet connection. (But our server is not yet up, so my blog is still down.)

My house is in a great neighborhood, and is very cute. The kitchen is fabulous. However, the tiny master bedroom, with the tiny closets, and the ... well, at least it exists ... master bathrooms are challenges. It will also be a challenge to manage the new, very tight budget when I'm 10 minutes from every store and restaurant I like most to give money to :lol: I guess I can always just go look ... or smell ...

Welcome back!!!!!!!

Metro, metro, metro. Wonderful Metro! You'll love it! If I could finagle it with the littles while we were there, I know you'll find your Metro groove in no time and be all over DC!

So glad you like the new pad. The cardboard dwindles, eventually. As people need things. And boys need building materials. Eventually, you'll wonder where all the boxes went. (Keep repeating this. It helps. And every time you throw a BIG box to the boys, tell yourself, "See, it's disappearing right before my eyes!")

Ditto's -the Metro! (and i've just visited!, a friend, DC area native has problems driving to the zoo every single time! LOL!)

WElcome Home!!!!!

I'll be up there Thursday, i mentioned to the friend picking me up at the airport that i needed to go to Michael's - is it close, she laughed :P

Ditto's -the Metro! (and i've just visited!, a friend, DC area native has problems driving to the zoo every single time! LOL!)

WElcome Home!!!!!

I'll be up there Thursday, i mentioned to the friend picking me up at the airport that i needed to go to Michael's - is it close, she laughed :P

DH calculated that it would be $50 for us all to go on the Metro. If that's true ... well, then going into DC will be a special occasion (sigh).

Michael's is one of the stores within 10 minutes of me. And both a Barnes and Noble and a Borders. It's almost like living in Chicago in that respect ... except they're all just a bit too far to walk to!

Now I just have to conquer my fear of driving into DC! Are there any secret tricks I should know?

I cannot wait to take my 7 year old to the zoo. He loves zoos. He is going to go nuts :)

You know, the metro is really great, but we lived so close in and at such a point that I could drive to the mall in just about the same amount of time I could drive to the metro stop. So I almost always drove in, and it wasn't that bad really. I avoided rush hour and the beltway at all costs. Even when I was working and driving all the way across D.C., I never had a big issue because I was avoiding the major traffic patterns.

Something fun, which is right near where I lived, is Glen Echo park. It's an old amusement park that the National Park Service has gradually improved. Just wanted to throw that out there as a non-typical D.C. activity for ya when you get tired of all the monuments!

Have fun!

Edit: I never had any trouble parking at the zoo on a weekday.