Menu

If you were to go to Disney World alone...

For one day...

What would you do? What would be a treat, not to miss?

A girlfriend is going to be in FL on business, and has always wanted to go to WDW, so she is planning to treat herself for one day. (I think that is really cool, btw!)

So... For you Disney girls... What should my friend do? What would be fun on her own? Anything she absolutely shouldn't miss?

:bigear:

There's a forum for people who love going to WDW. One of them is just for adults and solos. So, if she has time, she may want to visit the site, here.

Epcot is a lot of fun as an adult; however, if she has never been to WDW, she needs to go to the Magic Kingdom. Most of what she knows about Disney is there. If time allows, she certainly should visit Epcot. For seasoned visitors, skipping MK is fine, but for newbies, it certainly shouldn't be missed.

Also, I enjoy going to the Grand Floridian and having Afternoon Tea. It's wonderful, and it is a nice break from fast food-type lunch. Since I had tea alone, I can state that there is no problem or awkward feeling being a solo at the Garden View Tea Room. More info is here.

I agree Epcot, and besides all the countries tell her to go on Soarin and in the same building as Soarin is Sunshine Seasons which is a very nice food court. For a snack go to the bakeries at Norway and France

:iagree: This is exactly what I would do, although I'd be snackin' all over the World Showcase :)

Epcot is a lot of fun as an adult; however, if she has never been to WDW, she needs to go to the Magic Kingdom. Most of what she knows about Disney is there. If time allows, she certainly should visit Epcot. For seasoned visitors, skipping MK is fine, but for newbies, it certainly shouldn't be missed.

:iagree:

Depends on the person, of course--but if she's "always" wanted to visit WDW, she's probably been thinking of Mickey for all these years, and that's totally where she should go. Plus, Mickey would expect her to drop by to see him.

She should get her "First Visit!" pin and wear it all day, a really cool t-shirt (millions of choices right there on Main Street), eat a Mickey ice cream bar, watch the parade, see the fireworks, get her pic taken in front of the castle, the whole shebang.

Epcot's fantastic, as are the other parks. But MK is Mickey's home. :001_wub:

While I would love to wander Epcotwhy myself, I have to agree with those saying if this this is the first trip she has to go to Magic Kingdom.

Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, parade, a show in front of the castle, fireworks, pics with characters, a slow walk down Main Street, any of the street shows, and wandering the shops.

Personally, I think I need to meet your friend while at WDW because it is unfair that anyone should get to go alone. :lol:

Actually, I was there quite a bit alone a few years ago. We were still living in Arkansas, but I was actually working in Florida. Once a month I would drive from Arkansas to Orlando, spend the night and next day in Disney, and then make it to my job the following afternoon. It was an awesome 6 months!

Find out what your friend's expectations are. Then couple that with her interests. That should help you plan your friend's Disney experience. There is some magic for everyone.

:)

Epcot would be the most fun to me if I were by myself. I love walking through the different countries, and would like to go slower there than my guys "allow".

:iagree:World Showcase is one of my favorite places in the park. My dd and I could spend all day there. My dh is good about it, but my boys would rather do more "exciting" things.

:iagree: