Menu

Scholastic Dollar Days Sale THIS WEEK!

Ruthie in MS

WHEN DID THIS START?!?!?! I just casually went to the site and they're having their dollar sales. UGH!! I get their emails but apparently they didn't think that this was important for me to know.

Anyway, Scholastic is having their dollar days sale again. It's this week only from Today (the 20th) until next Monday (the 27th).

http://teacherexpress.scholastic.com/

I wanna know what everyone is buying. Post your ebooks below. :001_smile:

WHEN DID THIS START?!?!?! I just casually went to the site and they're having their dollar sales. UGH!! I get their emails but apparently they didn't think that this was important for me to know.

Anyway, Scholastic is having their dollar days sale again. It's this week only from Today (the 20th) until next Monday (the 27th).

http://teacherexpress.scholastic.com/

I wanna know what everyone is buying. Post your ebooks below. :001_smile:

I love all their history items!

Their Hands-on Explorers is fantastic for lapbooking or notebooking. So is their American Revolution one. I have a post all about the latter.

Edited by nestof3

Why is their site so hard to navigate now? I typed in keywords for a specific book I was looking for: "Jan Brett" and it came up empty. I typed in other key words from the title: NOTHING! So I went to Amazon and copy/pasted the book title:

Teaching With Favorite Jan Brett Books

And it did come up...on page 8 of the suggested books. Well, it's not sale this time so I want to put it in my wish list for next time but there is no button or anything to allow me to put it on my wish list (and I'm logged in). I try other random books and same problem. :banghead: Why did they have to go and mess with a good thing? I'm so tired of trying to look a specific book and getting the run around. I may not buy from them this time.

Awesome, thank you! :party:

I just purchased:

• Ready to Go Super Book of Outline Maps
  • Analogies Grades 4-5
  • Using Beloved Classics to Deepen Reading Comprehension
  • Reading Response for Fiction Graphic Organizers
  • Scholastic Book Guides: The Family Under the Bridge

I was going to purchase a few other book guides, but I found this page that has some Scholastic book guides you can download for free.

How can they be out of stock on an e-book? :confused:

Wondering the same thing. I have a book that I have been specifically waiting for this sale to purchase......its an ebook......and its out of stock????

I did send them an email asking why ebooks would be out of stock. I'll let you know when I hear back

Edited by flopsymopsy
more info

My kids are still too young for most of the ebooks I got but I found them to be too good to pass up at $1 each! I haven't even downloaded them all yet but I'm enjoying looking at the Teaching Science with Favorite Picture Books. I also enjoyed the 50 Learning Songs to Familiar Tunes. This one is actually at my kids' current level. There are songs about the months of the year, days of the week, life cycle of a frog, etc set to familiar tunes. I also got Read Around the World with 20 Picture and Chapter Books. It has 20 fiction books from different countries along with notes and maps / worksheets to accompany them. Looks interesting! I read someone else's previous post about the Hands on History books being helpful so I snagged the Colonial America, Pioneers, American Revolution, and Explorers of those. We have an iPad so I'm planning on loading these on there and then printing pages as needed (worksheets, etc) rather than printing them all. Thanks for the heads up on this sale! I'm loving it!

I got Tunes that Teach Spelling. During one of their other sales we bought 25 Sight Super Sight Words and Mini Books Cd/pdf and my kids adore it. Now I make a habit of buying any of their music CD ones $1 is such a steal!

I also love the Alphatales teaching guide, Punctuation teaching guide, etc. because they contain printable black and white versions of all the books in their series. I like this better then the book version because my kids can color them and it is FAR cheaper then buying all the individual books.

To enhance your chances of getting what you from this sale:

1. LOG IN before you begin adding ebooks to your shopping cart. If you take too long, you will be logged out. When that has happened to me, I've been able to log back in and see the things still in my cart.

2. To get around the Wish List problem, add a book to your cart. Then view the cart. There is a check box to the right of the title. Click it and then click Update Cart at the bottom. The item will be removed from the cart and added to your wishlist. (I still think they need to put the wishlist button back on each page.)

3. SEARCHING - go to the Teacher Express homepage before searching. It doesn't guarantee that what you want will be in the results, but it is the ONLY way I've been able to get anything other than a "no results" page.

(My humble opinion: If they didn't want us to use the code, they could disable it. Since they didn't, I don't feel guilty using it.)

I love these sales, but shopping there can be frustrating. Hope some of that helps someone else.

This is not fun this time around. No samples and everything I want is "out of stock". Are they kidding?

I've fallen in love with Mark Twain and Carson-Dellosa titles now that they have dropped their prices. Scholastic is losing me as a customer in a big way.

This is not fun this time around. No samples and everything I want is "out of stock". Are they kidding?

I've fallen in love with Mark Twain and Carson-Dellosa titles now that they have dropped their prices. Scholastic is losing me as a customer in a big way.

I'm feeling the same way. They've complicated their site too much, and eliminating the whole-book preview (and not giving any preview, for that matter) means I'm not very likely to buy too many more Scholastic downloads. Once I'm done with my current wishlist, I'm done.

Which ones are out of stock? That is really weird.

Every solitary one I'm clicking on. I was looking at writing and particularly the revision workbooks. Then I just started randomly clicking. Everything "out of stock". Maybe it's just a glitch on my computer?

So far Amazon has previews of the books. It takes an extra step to look them up, but it's helped me peek at them to determine if they'll be useful or not.

Thank you for the some of the tips here too, there are some I wouldn't have even looked at and am now interested in (Alphatales one for example).

I picked up several titles this time around:

Ancient Civilizations: China India Africa Mesopotamia

Ancient Greece

Ancient Rome

Mayas Aztecs Incas

Irresistible Shakespeare

Read-Aloud Plays: Explorers

Read-Aloud Plays: Revolutionary War

History Comes Alive Teaching Unit: The American Revolution

Study Skills That Stick

There are a few more titles that I'd like to pick up, but I don't think I will. I don't like the new look or any of the changes. Did you notice how many of the dollar deals this time were their new "workbook" items? :glare:

Hunter, did you ever figure out if it was just your computer glitching or something else going on?

My dd is almost 4 yr old. Any good books to get recommendations for her? Not sure how it works but are all these ebooks. If yes how will it work with 4 yr old? Do you print them up? Is it not. Expensive to print the books and only in b/w or even if color with loose pages around it is worth it? How do you guys make it work?

Everything I click on is still out of stock. I e-mailed them. I got an e-mail this morning telling me of the sale. I logged in. So I know they want me to buy :-0

I'm not having that problem. Can you give me a specific title? I'll see if it is just on your end. If it is a different browser may solve the problem.

I called them about out-of-stocks, and the customer service rep couldn't find the item with the search function. She even looked up the ISBN and couldn't find it that way. Very odd. I was going to try to take a screen shot and email it to them. Very frustrating experience with the whole site! However, I got 44 items for $30.80 using the 30% off coupon. :D

I am so jaded from my experience, that I am going to download everything right away, because I don't trust that it will be there the next time I log in, especially since I had to register twice in 1 hour. Somehow, it "forgot" me, even though I was actively using the site the entire time! :glare: