Menu

OT: son is in hospital so I have been absent here....

He had a severe asthma attack Saturday so he has been in the hospital since Saturday night.

I have now just gotten home to clean up and get some bills paid before going back to the hospital. It has been a long week!! We had a lot of trouble with the Hospitalist. She was going against our and our family dr's wishes which caused major setbacks on our son's teatment. Things are looking better slowly.

I probably won't be here until next week.

Holly

He had a severe asthma attack Saturday so he has been in the hospital since Saturday night.

I have now just gotten home to clean up and get some bills paid before going back to the hospital. It has been a long week!! We had a lot of trouble with the Hospitalist. She was going against our and our family dr's wishes which caused major setbacks on our son's teatment. Things are looking better slowly.

Holly

:grouphug:

Get well soon Holly's son!!

Holly

Oh Holly, I'm sorry. Please update us when you can! :grouphug:

He is home but not out of the woods yet. He has to continue his regimen at home and stay indoors for awhile. He is happy though because he is home. I think he realizes now that asthma can really kill you and it can happen to him. It scared him good!! The dr's were grilling him about how often he should take his meds (both of them ).

I can now breath a sign of relief of battling the hospitalist. The resident was wonderful and so understanding of our situation. She informed us this morning that she has asthma and has been there in the hospitals as well as seen her parents fighting the dr's. It was really nice to have her in our corner. We had several people in our corner (the resident, asthma eduator nurse and our own family dr) fighting to get the hospitalist to do an x-ray and bring a pulmonologist in. It took two days of battling and found out that part of his lung was collapsed thus why he wasn't responding to the treatments well. ONce they got the results the regimen changed and he responded well. The troublemaker hospitalist got pulled off of our son's case yesterday so the resident took over his case. Before she got pulled off though I told her that we did need the x-ray!! gggrrrr! Anyway we go to our family dr Monday for an immediate followup and then a 3 week follow up with his pulmo for an update on his plan. She is a sweet lady and we really liked her. It was because of her that got things moving for the x-ray.

Thanks for the prayers!! We will be enjoying our time together indoors this weekend.

Blessings-

Holly