Menu

Having Amazon problems?

Normally when we order things from Amazon, we get them in 2 to 4 business days. We have Prime.

The last several things we have ordered have taken anywhere from 2 to 5 weeks to arrive...

Anyone else notice recent changes in how fast your Amazon orders are getting to you?

Normally when we order things from Amazon, we get them in 2 to 4 business days. We have Prime.

The last several things we have ordered have taken anywhere from 2 to 5 weeks to arrive...

Anyone else notice recent changes in how fast your Amazon orders are getting to you?

Nope. Have you contacted them about it? What are their Prime rules for Hawaii?

We have contacted them about some of the orders, basically they said, "They are on the way." Except one, which had apparently never actually left their warehouse, so they canceled that order, gave us a refund, and sent the item for free, and we got that in the normal 3 days.

The only difference in Prime out to here is that it isn't 2-day shipping, but standard. Usually though, that is a lot faster than it has been lately.

I had an order with that little note on it that was going to take 5-6 weeks. I noticed it about a week after i placed the order. I canceled the order and reordered and it came in a few days. (not prime, just regular Az) So things can change.

I have noticed that some products have a little note that says, "Ships in 3-5 weeks" or "Ships in 1-2 months." It is really easy to miss that little note.:glare: Could that be it? So sorry. It is really frustrating when orders take forever to arrive.

Nope, that's not it. Order tracking even gives estimate dates of delivery weeks in the past by the time we actually get an order.

Someone I know suggested it could be due to USPS cutbacks...

Nope, that's not it. Order tracking even gives estimate dates of delivery weeks in the past by the time we actually get an order.

Someone I know suggested it could be due to USPS cutbacks...

I've noticed a big increase in delivery time when a package gets handed off to the post office. I had books sit at the post office for several days before it went out for delivery.

I don't have a Prime membership, but I have noticed that their free super saver shipping is slower now; it used to be 2-3 days, and now it's more like a week. I figure costs for everything are going up, so a week is still pretty decent.

(Otoh, I think there is a Philly warehouse or something, and stuff from there arrives to me super fast. I had something show up within 12 hours of me ordering it fairly recently, which is kind of amazing, considering that a) I'm 3 hours from Philly, b) I ordered it late at night, and c) my rural post office is kind of slow but also delivers my mail before 11 am. But if it's not at Philly, it takes longer these days.)

My Prime orders still arrive in 1 or 2 days. Since Prime orders to Hawaii go with regular shipping, I'd agree with those who wondered if USPS cutbacks are what's causing the slowdown for you (and also for the people who mentioned regular Amazon shipping has been slower lately). I know that I've noticed a difference in how fast first-class mail comes from certain locations.

Yes, my last order took a month! Just one particular order. The other recent ones were on time. I dunno.

I don't have prime anymore, but it is definitely taking a much longer time than it used to for me to get my items. I used to think of prime as a real luxury since I could get things pretty darn quick just with their regular free shipping. Now, I have to plan at least a couple of weeks in advance if I want to be sure to get my order in time.

Lisa

I've gotten several within one day too which is unbelievable!

Once during the holiday season I got an order the same day, and I'm not super close. I was shocked.

If my prime orders are delayed it's usually because it's not shipped out immediately. I did order a book Sunday night but it didn't ship until Monday night and just arrived on my doorstep a bit ago.