Menu

I was mistaken....I still have more netflix questions...please be patient with me

Can more than one person watch different netflix shows on differnet devices at the same time? In other words, can my husband watch one show on the TV and I watch on the computer, at the same time...but different shows?

Is there a way to create separate queues....one for me and one for my husband...or is there just one?

progress.gif

I'm pretty sure you can watch different things on different devices. I would test it out for you, but my family is all still sleeping and I don't wanna lose this good thing by turning on the tv, sorry ;) I will later if you haven't already got the answer though.

I'm also *pretty sure* you can only do one queue. So, I'm really helpful, huh?

OK, nm on the 1st paragraph, I just went to the Netflix FAQ:

Netflix-ready Devices and Streams - Once you have an active Netflix membership, you can have 6 devices registered towards your account at any given time, and you may stream on up to two simultaneously. If you would like to stream on more than 2 devices at once, simply open a second account with a unique email address.

Yes, you can stream to two different devices at one time.

My kids watch one show on the TV using a Roku, and I watch a different show on the computer.

I don't know about multiple queues. We just use one queue for our whole family.

Do computers count for a device? I thought we were able to stream to two Roku boxes AND a computer, but I could be wrong.

I know we can stream to two at once. Just know that when a child pauses a show and turns off the TV, that Netflix still read that as a device on......we learned that the hard way! :lol: I now make them turn OFF their show and log out when they leave the TV (well, it was just the one child who did that.)

Dawn

DD and I will often both be watching-DD on her iTouch, me on the Roku (well, Sony clone) or my iPad, particularly when we're traveling. The only problem we've found is that it is possible to exceed bandwidth and start getting serious picture degradation. It doesn't happen at home, but in hotels sometimes it's just too much for the wifi to manage.

There's no way to do two queues that I've found, so ours has a mix of kids' stuff, documentaries for school, old musicals, and practically every sci-fi series created.

You can watch on multiple devices, but watch your Internet usage, because streaming videos is a huge drain on your usage. We have gone over the limit a few times due to watching multiple things each night. we have three kids though, and if they watch something on their iPods, and we watch something on our devices, that is 5 things at once.

No separate queue that I know of, but that would be an awesome feature!

Hmm! I wonder how some are able to stream simultaneously on more than 2 devices? We just tried, with one show going through the Wii, one going through dh's phone, and then I tried to watch one on my laptop. It wouldn't let me! :(

I'm not really seeing how to get around this without "simply adding another email account", as their FAQ states, which is really just buying another Netflix account.

:confused:

According to policy, if you have one DVD out at a time, then you get ONE device, and 2 for 2 discs, etc. But we have had it stream on 3 at a time on the 1 disc plan without realizing it!

Weird. We have a one disc plus streaming account and we use multiple devices all the time. My sons will be sitting side by side watching the SAME episode on their itouches :001_rolleyes: (or different), and I might have something streaming on my laptop while I fold laundry.

My husband I routinely stream separate things on our laptops at the same time.