Menu

Please keep my family in prayers....

We are meeting my biological family this week. I know it is going to be overwhelming...but also necessary for my own healing. I am praying it is also healing for my bio family.

I am excited, but nervous.....very nervous. I am sure they are as well. We are all going out on a limb...not just me. I am looking forward to meeting my sisters and my brother. I am hoping for some answers and an open line of communication for all the kids and cousins, and for us. We have lots in common...including both sisters homeschool:D.

No expectations....I just want to enter this with an open mind and heart....I am an extremely cautious person who generally does not let people in easily. I am distrustful....because of my past situations. I never learned to be trusting....even with those who have earned it from me....sigh. I am praying this is a first step.....

Please pray for us!

Thanks,

Faithe

:grouphug:

Both Wolf and I have had this experience, meeting bio relatives. Unfortunately, it happened before we met each other, so we had to navigate things alone.

I'm so glad that you have your dh by your side. If nothing else, he'll give you stability and support as you navigate your way through this emotional minefield.

Even when things like this go fantastically well, there's still a lot of unexpected emotions that come up. Be kind and patient to yourself.

Wishing you the very best. :grouphug:

I wish you a good and honest experience. Honesty is always worth the risk.

This is exactly why I agreed to go down this path. I need to know some of the truth....even if not all.

Thanks everyone for your prayers. I am feeling unusually calm about this whole experience. I am praying it is not the calm before the storm......

Praying and curious.

I'm an adoptive mom. Were you adopted? you can pm me if you don't want it out here.

Just wondering about my own boys journeys like this.

oldest has done some looking but stopped when he found out some things he wasn't quite ready to know.

Praying and curious.

I'm an adoptive mom. Were you adopted? you can pm me if you don't want it out here.

Just wondering about my own boys journeys like this.

oldest has done some looking but stopped when he found out some things he wasn't quite ready to know.

Yes, I was adopted. It was a fluke we found my family. Actually, dh stumbled upon it....then we couldn't just let it go. I never had a deep desire to search.....I tried years ago but very half heartedly.