Menu

Getting a half sleeve tattoo...which one?

Life is for living. If you want a tattoo, then get one ;) Rock on mama!

Thanks :D I don't want to be stupid about things and I do put a lot of careful thought into my decisions, but that is pretty much my philosophy. :001_smile:

I don't see how these could make aging worse...is a bare 70 year old arm really much better than a tattooed 70 year old arm? Kwim? Aren't they both..not very attractive?

Yes.... one is simply aged the other ....well tatts tend to lose the image when skin stretches and becomes wrinkled so they simply look like colored blotches....yes it looks far worse.

I would be worried about it going out of style and looking dated. I can think of clothing, makeup, and hairstyles I wore, even in my 20s and 30s (1980s - '90s) that were quite stylish then but just cringeworthy looking back now.

Like 1980s big hair! We laugh at those photos and say "what were we thinking?" But hairstyles and clothing can easily be changed.

LOL, that seems like such a long time ago. But there are surely things people are wearing now that will seem ridiculous when we look back.

Or, maybe I'm just getting old. ;)

This. There have been styles (hair, clothing, etc.) that I just LOVE (big hair in the 80's is a perfect example). Then five or ten years later I can't STAND. This is why "I" would never get a tattoo. But I'm sure people that have actually gotten them usually don't feel like this.;)

Here's another link to old people with tattoos (although obviously not everyone on the list is old, lol)...http://www.smosh.com/smosh-pit/photos/taturday-74-really-old-people-tattoos

I don't think they look too bad! The nudity thing, well, that's another story. lol

I think they once were rebellious but have gotten sort of lemming-ish and stale. I responded to the other thread about this but basically, I think the hardened look (tats, piercings, etc) is just not attractive.

I would never ban them, or not hire the brililant person with one, but I would never get one.

Here's another link to old people with tattoos (although obviously not everyone on the list is old, lol)...http://www.smosh.com/smosh-pit/photos/taturday-74-really-old-people-tattoos

I don't think they look too bad! The nudity thing, well, that's another story. lol

I can't imagine how much so many of those must have hurt to get put on. :eek:

wow, the leopard man surprised me :lol:. I have a friend whose dh has a female skunk, on his shoulder, with her name under it. :001_huh: :lol: I give him a hard time about it. It's like a girl pepe-le-pew wearing pearls.

These are very pretty but I'm still not a fan of large area tattoos. Do the vibrant colors keep? I like the first one best but never thought about skin tone. At my age, I think if I had one, there would just be too much drooping. lol

If the artist is using high-quality inks and you keep it out of the sun most of the time, yes, it will last. DH to this day gets people telling him "it won't be long until that dragon's red eye disappears". He's had it for over a decade now and it's just as intense as it ever was.

Yes.... one is simply aged the other ....well tatts tend to lose the image when skin stretches and becomes wrinkled so they simply look like colored blotches....yes it looks far worse.

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

I used to volunteer in the VA hospital back when I was in college and a number of the elderly Navy guys had tats. It was not at all a pretty sight :ack2:

If your skin tone is similar to the pictures, I think that the top one looks better. I think that the bottom one would look better on someone with lots of warm brown tones in their skin already. Both are very pretty ... I like the birds and some of the details in the top one, too.

I love the top one!!

I have a magnolia tree on my back with 3 little singing bluebirds (my daughters) sitting on one of the branches. On one of the lower branches, there is a nest with one egg (the baby we lost). I am so in love with my tattoo. It's taken 2 visits, and I have to go one more time to get some shading done.

I also have a small tree on my left inner wrist.

Post pics when you get it!!

I love the top one!!

I have a magnolia tree on my back with 3 little singing bluebirds (my daughters) sitting on one of the branches. On one of the lower branches, there is a nest with one egg (the baby we lost). I am so in love with my tattoo. It's taken 2 visits, and I have to go one more time to get some shading done.

Do you have any pictures? I would love to see that!!

I have 3 on the back of my neck, but I never really see them. How do you feel about having a back tattoo that you can't really see?

Do you have any pictures? I would love to see that!!

I have 3 on the back of my neck, but I never really see them. How do you feel about having a back tattoo that you can't really see?

I just have one on my phone from the night I got the 2nd part done. I can text it to you if you want to message me your number. If not, I understand. ;) I am going back in the next couple of weeks to get the last part done, and then I will post pics here.

I love having it on my upper back. It's nice that I can keep it covered or let it show. And my husband thinks it's super sexy! :D